|Velveteins, The / A Hot Second With The Velveteins|
|Album:||A Hot Second With The Velveteins||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Fierce Panda Canada|
|Add Date:||2017-03-22||Pull Date:||2017-05-24|
|Week Ending:||28 May||21 May||14 May||7 May||30 Apr||23 Apr||16 Apr||2 Apr|
|1.||May 23, 2017:||Magnetized Toner |
|4.||May 02, 2017:||Magnetized Toner (TJBDF-2017 Edition) |
Hanging From The Ceiling
|2.||May 17, 2017:||The Library |
|5.||Apr 30, 2017:||Totally A |
|3.||May 10, 2017:||The Library |
|6.||Apr 26, 2017:||The Library |
Edmonton, Canada’s The Velveteins are a guitar pop trio and A Hot Second With The Velveteins is their latest release. The Velveteins are obsessed with mid1960s pop music and this extended play reflects that - hints of surf, doo-wop, British invasion rock, and everything in between. The relaxing tone of the EP and the crooner singing approach makes everything work smoothly.|
RIYL: Girls, Black Tambourine, The Growlers, Ultimate Painting and The Libertines.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6
1. (2:43) **Monica Louise – Medium-up tempo recording with a cool mid 1960s rock vibe.
2. (4:32) **Hanging From The Ceiling– Doo-wop meets surf. Slow tempo. Nice.
3. (3:20) *Baby Blue – Medium tempo country rock ballad. Sweet.
4. (1:36) *Beach Reprise– Medium tempo instrumental. Beach sounds and surf guitars.
5. (3:12) Shimmy Shake – Medium tempo chill rocker. The Libertines would be proud.
6. (2:25) *Sunhat [Live] – Medium-up tempo track. Nice memories.
|1.||Monica Louise||4.||Beach Reprise|
|2.||Hanging From The Ceiling||5.||Shimmy Shake|
|3.||Baby Blue||6.||Sunhat [Live]|