|Taelor Gray / Sellout, The|
|Label:||Taelor Gray Music|
|Add Date:||2017-04-05||Pull Date:||2017-06-07||Charts:||Hip-Hop|
|Week Ending:||4 Jun||21 May||30 Apr||23 Apr||16 Apr|
|1.||May 02, 2021:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!" |
Praise Jesus (ft. Armond Wakeup)
|4.||Jun 21, 2020:||Lift Jesus Higher |
Everyday (Ft. Aaron Flewellen)
|2.||Sep 27, 2020:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!" |
Exit Row (Lauren Heatherly)
|5.||Feb 09, 2020:||Alphabet Soup |
Praise Jesus (Ft. Armond Wakeup)
|3.||Sep 27, 2020:||ReJOYce in Jesus presents "Lift Jesus Higher!" |
Exit Row (Lauren Heatherly)
|6.||Sep 08, 2019:||ReJOYce In Jesus Ministries Presents "Lift Jesus Higher!" |
Son's Ship (Ft. James Hazely)
Taelor Gray/The Sellout/Taelor Gray Music|
Taelor Gray has successfully created what is sure to reach that revered status in hip-hop, "instant classic." He has shown a knack, through the vibes he creates musically and through his story-telling and wordplay, the ability to paint vivid pictures of his subject matter that force the listener to consider his perspective. His talent is aided by his style and delivery and made more poignant by his cleverly-worded rhymes and sometimes monotone, but always expressive voice. I thoroughly enjoy every track, as evidenced by at least one "*" next to each track listing. One star = like, two = loved, 3 = my favorite(s). No FCC's. Reviewed by Daniel of LJH.
1) *2:59 - Medium/slow tempo. Classic hip-hop drums and vocal samples, rounded out with synths and horns samples. Snares heavily truncated and modified (reverb).
2) *4:01 - Medium tempo. Blacksheep-esq flow, with horns and jazzy drums.
3) *3:02 - Medium tempo. Live drums and bass, piano. Singing chorus with vocal samples overlaid.
4) *3:00 - Slow/Med tempo. Heavy kicks, snares, with various samples rounding out the melody. Beat is muted and modified/panned at points, going from background to foreground. Great production.
5) **3:21 - Medium tempo. Verses overlaid with vocal samples, while man vocals go through transitions of being modified in octaves. Drums, horns, bass round out the instrumentation.
6) *4:16 - Med/Fast tempo. Eerie synth sounds and vocal samples, electric guitar, drums, bass for instrumentation
7) ***3:02 - Slow/med tempo. Reflective feel with r&b vocal samples. Jazzy drums, classic hip-hop beat.
8) ***4:01 - Slow/med tempo. Piano and woodwind samples, with a DJ-ed sound on the melody and rythm with vocal samples. Old R&B drums, except for the kicks, which, at times sounds like 808s; bass and production modifications round out the melody. A father's wisdom being passed on to his son.
9) **3:06 - Med/fast tempo. Another track to make the listener think about their perspective. Jazzy drums and warm vocal samples. Muted and panned bass guitar and the beat itself seems choppy, like it's coming in and going out or like the track itself is skipping. Genius production.
10) **3:32 - Med/fast tempo. Beat is muted and rotating in and out, left to right. Drums, horns, vocal samples and some added, modified electric guitar chords spattered throughout the track.