|Davis, Guy & Fabrizio Poggi / Sonny & Brownie's Last Train|
|Album:||Sonny & Brownie's Last Train||Collection:||Blues|
|Artist:||Davis, Guy & Fabrizio Poggi||Added:||04/2017|
|Label:||M. C. Records|
|Add Date:||2017-04-12||Pull Date:||2017-06-14||Charts:||Blues|
|Week Ending:||18 Jun||4 Jun||14 May||7 May||30 Apr||23 Apr||16 Apr|
|1.||Dec 30, 2017:||blues with a feelin' |
Hooray, Horray, These Women Is Killing Me
|4.||Jun 03, 2017:||blues with a feelin' |
|2.||Jun 15, 2017:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|5.||May 13, 2017:||blues with a feelin' |
Step It Up And Go
|3.||Jun 12, 2017:||Everything A to Z week 90 |
|6.||May 06, 2017:||blues with a feelin' |
Baby Please Don't Go Back To New Orleans
A tribute to harmonica god Sonny Terry and acoustic guitarist Brownie McGhee. Aside from the first track (written by Davis) these are all cuts from the Terry/McGhee songbook. Poggi (on harp) and Davis deliver first-class covers with their own spin that still shows serious respect for the originals. A great, classic, old-time sound. It’s all really good stuff. |
1. Ooh, yeah! Down/midtempo train-riding stomp.
2. Uh huh….relaxed, cool scratchy-voiced lament.
3. Upbeat toe-tapper w/a great swampy feel.
4. So good! Old time classic with great performances. Yay!
5. Big Joe Williams tune, starts slow, picks up. Solidly strong.
6. Head-nodding, midtempo deep and dirty.
7. Harp really shines, serious blues lament.
8. Midtempo classic tune, deceptively simple.
9. Serious down/midtempo slide. Strong lyrics.
10. Upbeat back porch jam, really fun.
11. Midtempo greasy-voiced walk.
12. The classic w/a solid stomp. Great playing/vocals.