|Buttertones, The / Gravedigging|
|Album:||Gravedigging||Collection:||Out for Review|
|Label:||Innovative Leisure Records|
|Add Date:||2017-04-12||Pull Date:||2017-06-14|
|Week Ending:||11 Jun||4 Jun||21 May||14 May||7 May||23 Apr|
|1.||Jun 07, 2017:||The Library |
Sadie's A Sadist
|4.||May 12, 2017:||Homeroom |
Moroccan Monsoon, Sadie's A Sadist
|2.||Jun 03, 2017:||Homeroom |
|5.||May 06, 2017:||Homeroom |
|3.||May 18, 2017:||Moonlight Impressions |
|6.||Apr 22, 2017:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
Sadie's A Sadist
”Gravedigging” The Buttertones|
Not your typical alternative rock. The vocals are very a distinctive combination of heartiness and yelping. Their addition of saxophone player London Guzman gave them an additional unusual aspect to their surf-punk sound. The Buttertones began their journey in Los Angeles, California in 2011. They began as self-described "music school misfits.” Their bassist Sean Redman former member of Cherry Glazerr.
Recommended: 2, 1, 7. No FCCs.
1) * (2:58) Pistol Whip — Jazzy saxophone plays behind the unique, dramatic vocals. Mid tempo.
2) * (2:03) Sadie’s A Sadist — More of a beachy feel. Earnest vocals.
3) (3:03) Neon Cowboy — Has a western feel with drums like hoofbeats. Starts bright, gets darker as the song continues. Fluctuating pace.
4) (1:52) Two-Headed Shark — Sounds like something out of a spooky spy movie.
5) (3:19) Matador — Saxophone carries most of the melody. Some interesting falsetto vocal bits. Big fade, may sound like it’s ending early.
6) (3:08) I Ran Away — Guitar exhibiting an almost harp-like sound. Slow tempo. Lamenting.
7) * (2:08) Moroccan Monsoon — No lyrics. Sounds like a punk interpretation of the classic Surfaris's “Wipe Out”.
8) (3:50) Geisha’s Gaze — Reminds me of Ancient Egypt, if Ancient Egypt had electric guitars and saxophones.
9) (2:29) Ghost Safari — Uptempo. Haunting vocals.
10) (2:57) A Tear For Rosie — A little more conventional: Less distorted vocals. Slower, pure sounding guitar. Sax not as prominent.
11) (4:03) Gravediggin' — Fun opening drum roll. Warbling vocals come in halfway. Races to the finish, and closes with howling.
|1.||Pistol Whip||6.||I Ran Away|
|2.||Sadie's A Sadist||7.||Moroccan Monsoon|
|3.||Neon Cowboy||8.||Geisha's Gaze|
|4.||Two-Headed Shark||9.||Ghost Safari|
|5.||Matador||10.||A Tear For Rosie|