|Imarhan / Imarhan|
|Add Date:||2017-05-10||Pull Date:||2017-07-12||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Jun 25||Jun 18||Jun 11||Jun 4||May 28||May 21|
|1.||Mar 14, 2022:||At the Cafe Bohemian (rebroadcast from Jun 14, 2017) |
|4.||Jun 14, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|2.||Jun 21, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||Jun 08, 2017:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
|3.||Jun 15, 2017:||Road Trip |
|6.||Jun 01, 2017:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
Imarhan (meaning “the ones I care about”) is an Algerian Taureg rock/blues band that formed in 2006. This is their first release. Related both musically and by blood to Tinariwen. (There are cousins in each group.) Great guitar work, great laid-back vocals (nicely raspy and good use of backing voices), so cool with its of funk, even a hit of surf at time. It’s all damn good. Great performances & energy.|
1. Relaxed, head-nodding w/cool vocals.
2. Fast, fast w/great energy & hip North Africa vocals. Oh yeah!
3. Downtempo, rather spare blues, then picks up and relaxes again.
4. Bright & sharp guitar, mostly midtempo w/cool perc/vocals.
5. Driving mid/upbeat blues stomp. Tight arrangement.
6. Fast Afro-rock w/great guitar/percussion work. So good.
7. Lazy, mostly midtempo w/male vox/percussion accents.
8. Really delicious relaxed North African folksy blues.
9. Sharp, driving rock guitars nicely droning vocals w/chorus.
10. Stripped down, vox/guitar, downtempo & evocative blues.
|3.||Ibas Ichikkou||8.||Id Islegh|
|4.||Idarchan Net||9.||Arodj N-Inizdjam|