|Go Fever / Go Fever|
|Add Date:||2017-05-18||Pull Date:||2017-07-20|
|Week Ending:||23 Jul||16 Jul||9 Jul||2 Jul||25 Jun||18 Jun||11 Jun||4 Jun|
|1.||Jul 09, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|4.||May 17, 2019:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|2.||Jan 31, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|5.||May 16, 2019:||Drive Time |
|3.||Sep 13, 2019:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|6.||Apr 05, 2019:||KZSU Time Traveler |
Folk Zero, Come Undone
“Go Fever” Go Fever|
Guitar-driven alt-rock. Go Fever is fronted by Acey Monaro, who was raised in Australia, dropped out of school at 14, married young, and divorced at 26. While “on holiday” in Austin, she fell in love again and relocated to the Austin music scene permanently — forming the Go Fever band with local players. Go Fever has played SXSW and other big shows. Debut album. RIYL: Courtney Barnett, Angel Olsen, Tennis, or La Sera.
Recommended: 1, 4, 6, 9. FCCs on 2 and 7.
1. (2:52) Come Undone — Melodic alt-rock. Strong beat. Nimble bass line. Great guitar riffs. A few swooshes of synths. ****
2. (4:08) Nobody’s Business — 1950s vibe. Melody rises and falls. Harmonized lead vocals. FCC: “I brought guns to a shit fight.”
3. (3:16) Small Talk — Hard rock sound. Chugging guitars. Feedback and distortion. Vocals growled or shouted.
4. (3:56) Folk Zero — Starts slowly over strummed electric guitars. Deliberate rhythm. Organ and guitars build toward big stadium rock sound. ***
5. (3:40) Go Fever — 1960s girl rock feel. Tumbling tom-toms. Chimey guitar and rich harmonies.
6. (3:36) Savannah — Surf rock with an old-timey sound. Saxophone solo in the lead break. ***
7. (2:33) United States of my Mind — 80s rock a la Elvis Costello. Prominent organ mixed with guitars. Stop ‘n’ go beat. FCC: “Getting shit off my chest.”
8. (2:35) Outdoors Man — A little lighter rock sound. Melodic and jangly at times with a strong backbeat.
9. (2:48) Surprise! I Never Loved You — Sassy 60s girl rock again — with guitar stingers, fun lyrics and rich backing vocals. ***
10. (4:24) 2320 — Early 60s teenage rock like the girl groups of that era, updated for today. Jangly guitar, piano, organ, big backing vocals, and handclaps.
|2.||Nobody's Business||7.||United States Of My Mind|
|3.||Small Talk||8.||Outdoors Man|
|4.||Folk Zero||9.||Surprise! I Never Loved You|