|Label:||Long Island Electrical Systems (L.I.E.S.)|
|Add Date:||2017-05-25||Pull Date:||2017-07-27||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||Jul 23||Jul 16||Jul 9||Jul 2||Jun 11||Jun 4||May 28|
|1.||Sep 20, 2018:||subwoofer etc etc etc
|4.||Jul 18, 2017:||Waste FM
|2.||Jul 26, 2018:||subwoofer etc etc etc
|5.||Jul 15, 2017:||Narnia
|3.||Mar 10, 2018:||Markov Chain Gang
|6.||Jul 13, 2017:||Neural facilitation
Choice cuts: 3, 4, 5
Genre: Minimal-ish techno, tribal dance, amphetamine pow-wow
Friends: Mark Ernestus' Ndagga Rhythm Force, RSS B0YS, Snow Bone, Clouds, Tony Allen
1. (4:57) Layered but not over-the-top percussion arrangement reminiscent of a drum circle that's really cooking. Very organic-sounding production. Wacky samples surprise and delight.
2. (5:40) Stomping good time with congas, woody mallet percussion and simple syncopated kick pattern.
3. (5:26) Some more joyfully improvisational mallets, shakers dizzyingly alternating between left and right channel, monstrous exotic-sounding kick drum holding things down.
4. (5:43) Super tasty scratchy sounds and a badass 4x4 kick. Urgent synth washes and hand drum parts provide serious propulsion. Toeing the line between human and machine on this one. Sickness!
5. (5:42) Off-the-wall timbale-esque melodic percussion with some relentless shakers. Somewhat unexpectedly, the last section is a slab of some dead serious, no-holds-barred peak-time techno. Would love to hear this one next to some Tresor-school industrial stomper!
|1.||Kids Play||3.||Bell Jam|