|Cloud Nothings / Life Without Sound|
|Album:||Life Without Sound||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2017-06-21||Pull Date:||2017-08-23|
|Week Ending:||13 Aug||6 Aug||30 Jul||23 Jul||16 Jul||2 Jul||25 Jun|
|1.||Mon, 18 Nov 19:||a.b. en masse|
|4.||Tue, 08 Aug 17:||Dj Arid & DJ Bear|
|2.||Thu, 11 Jul 19:||chickpea and onion boy|
|5.||Fri, 04 Aug 17:||Francis D|
KZSU Time Traveler
|3.||Thu, 26 Oct 17:||chickpea and onion boy|
|6.||Fri, 28 Jul 17:||Francis D|
KZSU Time Traveler
Cloud Nothings // Life Without Sound|
More of a produced sound than you might expect based off of their lo-fi pop history. Several songs stick out but there could be more differentiation – feels like the same structure and guitar tones repeat often and can drag. However, when vocalist Dylan Baldi really pushes his vocals and the band pushes there’s some great moments. Notes of Weezer, Real Estate, and a little Hot Hot Heat here.
1) Up to the Surface (3:58): Starts with a simple piano riff then picks up as vocals and guitar join. Guitar solo and noise leads into a solemn outro – “...the peace and terror of the mind”
2) Things are Right with You (4:24): Starts quick with catchy vocal hooks – like if the All-American rejects had some emotional depth.
3) Internal World** (3:46): Weezer-esque musical feel in the beginning – easy to sing along and has some clever little guitar phrases.
4) Darkened Rings* (3:32): Frantic guitar intro with plenty of fuzz – more aggressive vocals and instrumentation here.
5) Enter Entirely (4:53): Crunchy guitar chords over a slower beat building up to a pretty solid chorus. Drags a bit but has a decent outro guitar solo.
6) Modern Act** (4:09): About putting a face on when you feel like s#*t – “I have a life but I’m alone”
7) Sight Unseen (3:58): Pretty solid song with vocals going hard in the last chorus.
8) Strange Year* (3:26): Uneasy guitars and vocals settle into a slow interlude, then blows up halfway through – most impressive vocals on the album. Abrupt Ending.
9) Realize My Fate (5:24): Sparse guitar intro, self-reflection. Probably longer than it has to be, but there is some impressive drum work in the outro.
|1.||Up To The Surface||5.||Enter Entirely|
|2.||Things Are Right With You||6.||Modern Act|
|3.||Internal World||7.||Sight Unseen|
|4.||Darkened Rings||8.||Strange Year|
|9.||Realize My Fate|