|Palehound / A Place I'll Always Go|
|Album:||A Place I'll Always Go||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Polyvinyl Record Co.|
|Add Date:||2017-07-12||Pull Date:||2017-09-12|
|Week Ending:||17 Sep||10 Sep||3 Sep||27 Aug||20 Aug||13 Aug||6 Aug||30 Jul|
|1.||Tue, 26 Nov 19:||Telepathic Juan|
Magnetized Toner: With Guest DJs Pixel and DJ Away
|4.||Wed, 20 Dec 17:||Super Chuck|
The Fuzz Deli
|2.||Wed, 13 Mar 19:||mc squared|
|5.||Tue, 12 Sep 17:||DJ Arid & Hankinstein|
|3.||Wed, 27 Feb 19:||mc squared|
|6.||Sat, 09 Sep 17:||Middle School Boyfriend|
|Sam I Am|
Palehound // A Place I’ll Always Go: Fuzzy indie rock in the first half/indie folk in the second half, with a bit of a bedroom studio touch despite being recorded professionally. The vocalist uses a lot of hushed vocals, that are sometimes so soft you can’t tell what is being sung. Additionally, she’s a very talented guitarist as most songs feature some intricate and interesting guitar runs/solos. First half of the album is much more upbeat than the second half, where the tempo slows down, and the songs seem to all have a somber feel to them. Definitely play track 4, so catchy! FCC: 2 Recommended: 3, 4, 9, 10. RIYL: Adult Mom, Chastity Belt, Girlpool, Mitski|
1. Hunter’s Gun (1:58). Looping electronic drum beats over guitar playing single somber notes.
2. Carnations (3:53) “shit” at 00:47. Indie rock song. Mellow verses, and more upbeat melodic chorus with “oohs” overlaid with the guitar, some pretty cool guitarwork going on in between.
3. Room (4:01)** Muted acoustic rhythm guitar, hushed vocals, indie pop. Cute lyrics make it one of my favs.
4. If You Met Her (3:50)*** another fav. heavy, melancholic sounding guitars throughout, catchy lyrics “when the dust clears, where’s my body?”
5. Silver Toaster (1:25) acoustic, lo-fi/bedroom sound.
6. Turning 21 (2:42) foot-tapping indie rock, sounds a little surf-y at parts, fuzzy guitar solo.
7. Flowing Over (3:50)* loud guitar riffs in intro, one of the more rock’n’roll sounding songs, higher-pitched vocals masked by fuzzy effects in chorus.
8. Backseat (3:20) slow, quiet organ? intro until vocals come in at 00:40. Slow song overall, with a sort of menacing tone beneath everything. Cool little drum breakdown halfway through.
9. Feeling Fruit (2:37)* Beautiful guitar arpeggios, deep bass effect rings throughout, slow.
10. At Night I’m Alright With You (2:47)* electronic organ, looping drum beats, very chill closer to the album.
Sam I Am.
|1.||Hunter's Gun||6.||Turning 21|
|4.||If You Met Her||9.||Feeling Fruit|
|5.||Silver Toaster||10.||At Night I'm Alright With You|