|Fun Of The Pier / 14:42|
|Artist:||Fun Of The Pier||Added:||08/2017|
|Add Date:||2017-08-17||Pull Date:||2017-10-19|
|Week Ending:||15 Oct||8 Oct||1 Oct||24 Sep||17 Sep||10 Sep||3 Sep||27 Aug|
|1.||Nov 27, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|4.||Oct 16, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler |
Lost And Lazy
|2.||Nov 13, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|5.||Oct 02, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|3.||Oct 30, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler |
I Live This Life (She Said)
|6.||Sep 25, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler |
“14:42” Fun of the Pier|
Jangle-pop and folk-pop with a nod toward Brit pop of the 1960s from the U.K.’s Fun of the Pier. The Nottingham-based trio plays mostly acoustic numbers filled with great guitar work and rich harmonies. Guitarist Helen Luker sings lead vocals, with husband Mark on bass guitar and bass ukulele and Richard Hattersley on guitar and many of the harmonies. Karla Kane and Khoi Huynh — members of local band, The Corner Laughers — also contributed to the album and will play with Fun of the Pier on upcoming tours in Northern California, the U.K. and Berlin.
Recommended: 3, 1, 9, 6, 12, 5, 4. No FCCs.
1. (2:36) Inconsiderate – Jangly Brit pop opener with a 1960s British invasion vibe and a bouncy tempo. Rich harmonies and backing vocals. ****
2. (3:19) Past/future – Another jangly pop-rock number cut from the same cloth, with warm vocal harmonies.
3. (3:48) Lost and Lazy – Gentle, acoustic folk number with sweet lead vocals. ****
4. (2:10) Cavern Song – Bright, up-tempo pop with an energetic bass line, guitar and tambourine taps for rhythm. Short and fun! ***
5. (3:17) Possible – Another throwback to the 1960s with bigger guitars. Breathy, slightly reverbed vocals. Shifts into an up-tempo, strummy number halfway through. ***
6. (3:25) Stumble – Happy and strummy, with a toe-tapping beat. ***
7. (4:25) Looking for the Sun – Sense of mystery and a slight psyche edge. Bass-driven song with jangly guitar, swirling synths and slightly haunting harmonies.
8. (3:01) Cloud Free Sky – Slower guitar ballad with interesting tempo changes. Bongo drum rhythm.
9. (3:09) Summer Song – Noisy start leads into a song with almost a Moody Blues sensibility. Rapid fingerpicked guitar with upbeat vocals, tambourine shakes and flute (or synthesized flute) and a synth-based lead break. ****
10. (3:05) (In my) Town – Folk-pop with syncopated beat in the choruses.
11. (3:28) Be Happy – Lilting, happy melody with jangly guitar.
12. (2:59) I Live This Life (She Said) – Strummy ballad closer. Delicate vocals. Shimmering synths and bells. ***
13. (1:18) Inconsiderate (Reprise) – Slower reprise of album opener.
|1.||Inconsiderate||7.||Looking For The Sun|
|2.||Past/Future||8.||Cloud Free Sky|
|3.||Lost And Lazy||9.||Summer Song|
|4.||Cavern Song||10.||(In My) Town|
|6.||Stumble||12.||I Live This Life (She Said)|