|Adult. / Detroit House Guests|
|Album:||Detroit House Guests||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2017-12-31||Pull Date:||2018-03-04|
|Week Ending:||4 Mar||25 Feb||18 Feb||11 Feb||4 Feb||28 Jan||21 Jan||14 Jan|
|1.||Mar 03, 2018:||Music Casserole |
Into The Drum
|4.||Feb 21, 2018:||The Fuzz Deli |
Stop (And Start Again)
|2.||Feb 28, 2018:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
We Are A Mirror
|5.||Feb 21, 2018:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
We Chase The Sound
|3.||Feb 24, 2018:||Music Casserole |
We Chase The Sound
|6.||Feb 18, 2018:||veggie tales |
Weirdo funhouse acid trip of a record. Genre...maybe electro drum pad nuttiness? There is something inherently unsettling about every track on this album. Dissonance abounds as well as haunting, intentionally creepy vocals. I think the noise people might appreciate many tracks here. Time to get strange!|
RIYL Electric 6, My Robot Friend, Freezepop
Recommended tracks: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11
1. (6:00) Midtempo minimalist modulated drumming, chiming, beeps and boops with noisy female vox.
2. (3:59) Disturbing male and female chanting over an eerily whistling note, getting more and more urgent, ending in a violent crescendo before petering out.
3. (5:58) The soundtrack to a creepy video-game assembly line tooting along with a computerized pipe organ. Hypnotic female vox punctuated by shrieking, extreme vocal fry, and ghosts trying to sing opera.
4. (5:03) Something danceable, but repetitive. Gritty male vox and monotonous female response. Electro zoops and zaps.
5. (5:41) Head-bobbing uptempo staccato synthy bleeps and bloops with the usual ominous lyrics, voices switching from left to right stereo.
6. (5:02) Begins and ends with brain-churning static, then continues as a midtempo dissonant sound collage of moaning and groaning over a bouncy synth beat.
7. (6:15) Computer beat gone wrong with mad-scientist vocals, with heavy breathing giving me life. Upbeat and amazing, despite its repetitiveness.
8. (3:48) "Here be monsters!" lyric heralds an almost kidsong-like feel, which eventually gets more sinister, of course. Could be a song off of Weebls Stuff (is that still a thing?).
9. (3:45) Lamentable female vox over a minimalist repeating synth line. If you like jarring things without beats, this is for you.
10. (3:18) The funhouse soundtrack song. Lose yourself in a churning beat while Alice in Wonderland-style lyrics take you on an adventure.
11. (8:20) A long one. Ambient noises of the city with monotonous monologues assaulting the left and right stereo individually. After ~2:30, dissonance abounds. Then, a change in tempo around 5:00 and return to the monologues.
12. (4:23) A Hare Krishna-esque swirling into another dimension. Chanting, almost like a spacey Animal Collective track.
|1.||P Rts M Ss Ng||7.||We Chase The Sound|
|2.||Breathe On||8.||They're Just Words|
|3.||Into The Drum||9.||Inexhaustible|
|4.||We Are A Mirror||10.||Stop (And Start Again)|
|5.||Enter The Fray||11.||This Situation|
|6.||Uncomfortable Positions||12.||As You Dream|