|Alvvays / Antisocialites|
|Label:||Polyvinyl Record Co.|
|Add Date:||2017-11-05||Pull Date:||2018-01-07|
|Week Ending:||7 Jan||31 Dec||24 Dec||17 Dec||10 Dec||3 Dec||26 Nov||19 Nov|
|1.||Oct 15, 2021:||Waste FM (rebroadcast from Dec 19, 2017) |
|4.||Sep 01, 2021:||nearby galaxies (rebroadcast from Mar 6, 2019) |
|2.||Sep 12, 2021:||Oh Darling (rebroadcast from Mar 10, 2019) |
Not My Baby
|5.||Aug 23, 2021:||Oh Darling (rebroadcast from Apr 15, 2019) |
|3.||Sep 02, 2021:||Waste FM (rebroadcast from Nov 28, 2017) |
Lollipop (Ode To Jim)
|6.||Aug 03, 2021:||Partially A Drivetime (rebroadcast from Nov 20, 2017) |
RIYL: Frankie Cosmos, Waxahatchee, Turnover
FCC Violations: none
Recommended: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7
An indie rock band from Toronto, Alvvays continues to impress the indie pop scene with their second album that’s meant to be played at The Roadhouse from the show Twin Peaks: The Return.
1. *In Undertow (3:17) – A good album opener, similar to their first album. It has a nice guitar solo, too!
2. *Dreams Tonite (3:16) – This is the most Roadhouse-like song on the album, the chorus is particularly enchanting. Also mentions the album title Antisocialites.
3. *Plimsoll Punks (4:50) – This one is a lot of fun, with a steady walking beat and lots of instrumental layers. It gets quiet for a bit at 3:00, and has a 40 second synth outro.
4. Your Type (2:04) – This song has a faster pace, and transposes up at about 1:30.
5. *Not My Baby (4:16) – The first 30 seconds are turnover guitar riffage with a motorcycle engine thrown in there. A song that emulates the uniqueness of this album. Has a long fadeout.
6. Hey (2:49) – Starts with some distortion, gets clean and stays quick throughout with a driving drum beat.
7. *Lollipop (Ode to Jim) (3:18) – Lots of bass drum action, accompanied by lots of chiming and crisp guitar and feel-good vocals.
8. Already Gone (3:04) – Soft and somber with some guitar screeches in the background.
9. Saved By A Waif (2:59) – Quiet for the first 30 seconds, then really picks up. It’s consistently fun throughout and ends abruptly.
10. Forget About Life (2:43) – Sad, sappy, and solo vocals until about halfway through where lots of synth comes in.
|2.||Dreams Tonite||7.||Lollipop (Ode To Jim)|
|3.||Plimsoll Punks||8.||Already Gone|
|4.||Your Type||9.||Saved By A Waif|
|5.||Not My Baby||10.||Forget About Life|