Jordan Tice, “Horse County”
Label: Patuxent Music
Reviewed by: Kim Walter, Nov 2017
Another hybrid of styles that somewhat defies description. I think how I describe #1 fits the whole album: a fun mix of bluegrass style strings, interesting lyrics, and a funky blues beat. Best for me: 3, 5, 8, 10.
1. Med - A fun mix of bluegrass style strings, interesting lyrics, and a funky blues beat
2. Med - Bluegrass base with a storyteller type lyric. Really nice finger work
3*. Slow/Med - Nice meandering string instrumental
4. Med - Faster multi string instrumental
5*. Slow - Unbelievably tender voice, clear lyrics
6. Slow/med - Instrumental
7. Med - Instrumental, I want to describe it as a lilting melody that turns introspective, then back.
*8. Med - mellow, meandering tune with bluegrass hints
9. Slow - emotional ballad
*10 Slow/Med - old-timey instrumental
11. Med - acoustic, heavily strummed country rock