|Album:||If Blue Could Be Happiness||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Double Double Whammy|
|Add Date:||2017-11-19||Pull Date:||2018-01-21|
|Week Ending:||Jan 21||Dec 31||Dec 24||Dec 10||Dec 3||Nov 26|
|1.||May 04, 2023:||elemenohps & qs
Eyes In The Sun
|4.||Jul 21, 2021:||Quite Gnarly (rebroadcast from Dec 8, 2017)
|2.||Oct 15, 2021:||Waste FM (rebroadcast from Dec 19, 2017)
What I Wanted To Hold
|5.||Apr 03, 2019:||nearby galaxies
|3.||Aug 26, 2021:||National Treasure (rebroadcast from Nov 20, 2017)
Understanding Light, If Blue Could Be Happiness, Blue Mountain Road
|6.||Mar 13, 2019:||nearby galaxies
RIYL: Adult Mom, Frankie Cosmos, Carrie & Lowell-era Sufjan, Infinity Crush
Recommended: All (1,4,8)
1. **Blue Mountain Road (03:39): A nice light Florist tune about being nervous to be alive. Guitar and vox. “If you’re terrified of living, like me, I hope you'll be fine/ ‘cause we’re terrified together in this terrifying time.”
2. *What I Wanted to Hold (04:23): A sweet song about being nostalgic for the past and ruminating on the meaning of love.
3. *The Fear of Losing This (03:53): Sounds a bit melancholy in the opening.
4. **Understanding Light (04:19): Gorgeous opening, a little more tension in the piano part but it resolves very satisfyingly at the end of each line
5. *Eyes in the Sun (02:37): Beautiful folky-feeling intro
6. Glowing Brightly (03:29): More upbeat than the others. A little more rhythmic, ie this one actually has a light drum beat and is a tiny bit synthy unlike most of the others. There’s some twinkling chime sounds toward the end which are extremely pleasant.
7. *Thank You Light (03:24): Light strumming acoustic guitar, imagery about childhood creeks and growing up. emily seems to be making a habit of writing songs saying thank you to abstract concepts.
8. **If Blue Could Be Happiness (05:07): A bit heavier and thicker musically, again about life and death, some consistent pedal and a slow drum beat. Fades out very slowly toward the end with a refrain based around the title.
9. Instrumental 3 (01:27): Well, it’s instrumental. Sounds ~*twinkly*~ with some tiny guitar riffs in the second half <3
10. Red Bird (03:20): More strummy guitar.
|1.||Blue Mountain Road||6.||Glowing Brightly|
|2.||What I Wanted To Hold||7.||Thank You Light|
|3.||The Fear Of Losing This||8.||If Blue Could Be Happiness|
|4.||Understanding Light||9.||Instrumental 3|
|5.||Eyes In The Sun||10.||Red Bird|