|Makthaverskan / Iii|
|Label:||Run For Cover|
|Add Date:||2017-12-03||Pull Date:||2018-02-04|
|Week Ending:||Jan 28||Jan 21||Jan 14||Jan 7||Dec 31||Dec 24||Dec 17||Dec 10|
|1.||Mar 08, 2023:||Early Riser |
|4.||Jan 26, 2018:||KZSU Time Traveler |
In My Dreams
|2.||Jan 22, 2023:||Total Sound |
|5.||Jan 24, 2018:||The Fuzz Deli |
|3.||Feb 06, 2018:||Magnetized Toner |
|6.||Jan 17, 2018:||The Fuzz Deli |
Post-punk high drama from Gothenburg, Sweden. Makthaverskan’s last album veered between the ferocity of hardcore punk and the swirling melodies of ’80s dream-pop. The music here holds to an equal fusion of the two, with less swinging to the extremes. The best thing about this band is their singer Maja Milner, who can stimulate tear ducts practically on command. She sings about heartbreak like an eagle screams, and listening to her is like surgically extracting pain points from your body. Favorites: 2, 4, 7, 9, 10. No FCCs detected.|
1. (3:23)—Mid-tempo. Super classic post-punk sound until the majestic vocals start.
2. *(3:30)—Fast. Melodic, washed-out rock of the Captured Tracks sort. Really reminds me of “Asleep” from their last album.
3. (3:11)—Fast. Acrobatic singing, high retro dream-pop guitars. Two steps away from Cocteau Twins.
4. *(3:04)—Fast. Surf-goth feel. A little more dissonant and ragged, nearly off the rails.
5. (3:26)—Mid-tempo, no drums. Strong Chameleons vibe. Milner lets her voice soar.
6. (4:27)—Medium-fast. More Nordic surfing goes on before the real song erupts out of nowhere. Chugging post-punk.
7. *(3:28)—Medium-fast. Triumphant-sounding. Milner’s emotional limit-pushing approaches Merry-Clayton-on-“Gimme Shelter” levels.
8. (3:48)—Medium-fast, straight-ahead post-punk.
9. *(3:28)—Medium-fast, moody. The chorus sounds like it could be a really good Cocteau Twins cover. “When you feel it get to you, stand tall, show no fear at all.”
10. *(5:22)—Mid-tempo. Luxuriates in its lush sound, unhurried until it picks up a little near the end.
|3.||In My Dreams||8.||Front|
|5.||To Say It As It Is||10.||Days Turn Into Years|