Marika Hackman, “I’m not your man”
Label: Sub Pop Records, Seattle
Reviewed by: Kim Walter, Nov 2017
I really enjoyed this album. There is a gentle flow, as each song effortlessly drifts into the next uniquely crafted and equally appealing tune, while Marika’s dreamy voice drifts and takes different forms. Interesting mix of beautiful harmonies and sonic expression. Thumbs up. Best for me: 2, 3, 6, 9, 12
Lots of FCC's!!! watch out!
1.Med - Upbeat, good background party music
*2. Med - Static at beginning, then interesting mix of intensities. FCC: "bullshit"
*3. Slow - Beautiful vocals, gentle tune, dark lyrics, disturbing imagery. FCC "fucking"
4. Med - Upbeat happy tune FCC "fucking"
5. Slow/med - dreamy sounding
*6. Slow - even dreamier sounding
7. slow/med - calming and tranquil song FCC "fucking"
8. Med - upbeat party anthem
*9. Slow - begins with whistling, then gentle tune, psychedelic feel
10. Med - trippy, twangy music with Marika’s trippy vocals
11. Med - Marika’s gentle and lucid psych rock, fun song
*12. Slow - Acoustic. Beautiful, just beautiful
13. FCC "fucking"