|Glaare / To Deaf And Day|
|Album:||To Deaf And Day||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2018-01-30||Pull Date:||2018-04-03|
|Week Ending:||8 Apr||1 Apr||18 Mar||11 Mar||4 Mar||25 Feb||18 Feb||11 Feb|
|1.||Apr 03, 2018:||Magnetized Toner |
|4.||Mar 05, 2018:||Totally A |
|2.||Mar 28, 2018:||The Fuzz Deli |
Like They Do
|5.||Mar 01, 2018:||FMF |
|3.||Mar 15, 2018:||veggie tales |
|6.||Mar 01, 2018:||w/e |
To Deaf And Day is the debut album by Los Angeles darkwave band Glaare. |
Their sound also mixes elements of 1990s modern rock a la Cranes and 2000s synth-pop. Stylish dark pop with nice vocals and guitars that evoke early 1980s The Cure.
RIYL: Cranes, Second Still, Lebanon Hanover Drab Majesty and The Cure’s 1982 album Pornography.
Recommended Tracks: 2, 3, 4, 5, 7
1. (4:08) My Love Grows In Darkness – Slow tempo. Tints of shoegaze. By minute 1:03 switches to medium-up tempo.
2. (4:06) * Like They Do – Medium tempo. The Cure influence everywhere – it reminds me of their song “Sinking” without the synths. Cool.
3. (4:08) ** First Rain – Medium tempo recording. Synths and some guitars. Brings to mind early Cranes.
4. (5:30) * Desiree – More The Cure guitars. Vocals a la Cranes. Nice melody.
5. (4:49) * Ruins – Fast tempo. Nice synth riff. Solid darkwave guitars. The music reminds me of late 1980s Killing Joke recordings.
6. (5:44) Isky – Slow tempo. Synth driven. Some guitars. The Cure would be proud. Pleasant vocals.
7. (5:00) *** Suffer – Medium-up tempo gloomy synth-pop piece. Guitars included. Well constructed. Could be the single of the record.
8. (3:45) Surrender/Control – Synth intro – quite ambient. By 1:15 beat and vocals kick in. Medium tempo. Guitar driven darkwave.
9. (4:04) Untitled – Medium tempo bonus track. 2000s synth-pop with guitars.
|1.||My Love Grows In Darkness||5.||Ruins|
|2.||Like They Do||6.||Isky|