|Gente Joven / Glub Glub Glub|
|Album:||Glub Glub Glub||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2018-03-19||Pull Date:||2018-05-21|
|Week Ending:||20 May||22 Apr||15 Apr||8 Apr||1 Apr||25 Mar|
|1.||Jan 01, 2019:||Magnetized Toner: Eclectic Mix 2019 Vol. 1 |
|4.||Apr 18, 2018:||The Fuzz Deli |
|2.||May 23, 2018:||Magnetized Stoner |
Todos Los Peces Olvidan Lo Mismo
|5.||Apr 12, 2018:||Totally A |
|3.||May 15, 2018:||Largely A |
|6.||Apr 11, 2018:||The Fuzz Deli |
Glub Glub Glub is the second album by León, Spain’s Gente Joven and another delightful collection of recordings following the trajectory of its predecessor, the 2015 LP Casa De Socorro. Lo-fi sonic qualities, the emblematic effects of dream-pop, and melancholic whispers and voices are now surrounded by weird electronic beats and distortions here and there. One of the most interesting bands these days. Warmly recommended. |
RIYL: Sr. Chinarro, Young Marble Giants, Holy Motors, Mint Field and Beach House.
Recommended Tracks: 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12
1. (1:09) Glub – Ambient synths with odd sounds. Instrumental I.
2. (2:17) *** Memorias de mis patos tristes – Medium tempo recording mixing vintage Spanish Tuna © melodies with whispery vocals and synth sounds. One of my favorite tracks.
3. (2:46) * Fotogramas – Medium tempo recording. Pleasant instrumentation and artificial effects complemented by acoustic guitar elements and calm vocals.
4. (1:54) *** A flote – Recording more in the tradition of Spanish 20th century popular music. Brief exquisite piece.
5. (0:59) Glub Glub – Ambient synth driven piece part II. Aquatic sounds.
6. (2:37) *** Todos los peces olvidan lo mismo – Drum machine beat, old singing European styles, peculiar structure, calm vocals. Daydreaming sequence.
7. (2:34) * Actores de cine mudo – Underground pop a la early Cherry Red Records. Spanish melancholy and vintage machines.
8. (2:26) *** Gigantes y gigantillos – Another fine example of underground pop here. Medium-up tempo. Male/female vocals. The most energetic track on the album. Recommended.9. (1:06) Glub Glub Glub – Third ambient synth driven recording. More abstract.
10. (3:16) El guardían – Medium tempo track with trip-hop beats and 1990’s electronic music effects. Pleasant vocals.
11. (3:07) * Pamplinas – Electronic sounds, old European singing styles, tasteful guitar work, melancholic vocals.
12. (2:51) ** La arruga es bella – Medium tempo recording. Melancholic, calm and with pleasant sounds. Perfect ending.
© A tuna is a group of university students in traditional university dress who play traditional instruments and sing serenades. The tradition originated in Spain and Portugal in the 13th century. Source: Wikipedia.
|1.||Glub||7.||Actores De Cine Mudo|
|2.||Memorias De Mis Patos Tristes||8.||Gigantes Y Gigantillos|
|3.||Fotogramas||9.||Glub Glub Glub|
|4.||A Flote||10.||El Guardían|
|6.||Todos Los Peces Olvidan Lo Mismo||12.||La Arruga Es Bella|