|Album:||Pasar De Las Luces||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Mint Field||Added:||Mar 2018|
|Label:||Innovative Leisure Records|
|Add Date:||2018-03-06||Pull Date:||2018-05-08|
|Week Ending:||May 6||Apr 22||Apr 8||Apr 1||Mar 25||Mar 11|
|1.||Feb 10, 2020:||good boy sweater
Club De Chicas
|4.||Jun 27, 2018:||The Fuzz Deli
Cambios Del Pasar
|2.||Jan 22, 2019:||Magnetized Toner: Best of 2018 [Part 2]
Quiero Otoño De Nuevo
|5.||May 09, 2018:||mood 5/9/18
Para Gali, Club De Chicas
|3.||Jan 16, 2019:||The Fuzz Deli
Cambios Del Pasar
|6.||May 02, 2018:||monochromatic moods
Something else from the press release:
Their new record, Pasar De Las Luces, first for LA-based Innovative Leisure Records, is “a compilation of our lives from two years ago to now” says the band. Since recording an initial EP in 2015 in their hometown of Tijuana, Mint Field have played Coachella, SXSW and have extensively toured the US and Mexico. In the summer of 2017 the band traveled to Detroit to record with producer Christopher Koltay. “We had a much clearer idea of what we wanted and we had the tools to make it. When we recorded [our debut EP] Primeras Salidas, it was a homemade album and we didn’t know what we were doing.” This time, they managed to channel their inspirations and influences to transmit sentiments of profound sorrow, nostalgia and immaculate beauty…revisiting sounds from the past to make them contemporary.
RIYL: Chasms, Holy Motors, Dear Eloise, Lorelle Meets The Obsolete, and Slowdive.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 9, 11, 12
1. (3:41) ** El Parque Parecía No Tener Fin – Slow intro. Spoken word, ghostly guitar riff, medium tempo. Peaceful mood.
2. (5:28) * Ojos En El Carro – Slow tempo. Shoegaze meets slowcore.
3. (6:16) ** Ciudad Satélite – Another slow tempo atmospheric piece with shoegaze guitars a la Adorable.
4. (5:42) Temporada De Jacarandas – Part ambient, part slowcore. Builds up really slowly. Long guitar solo.
5. (4:51) *** Quiero Otoño De Nuevo – Medium-up tempo recording. Post-punk energy and memorable melody.
6. (3:26) ** Cambios Del Pasar – Slow tempo. Part Cherry Red Records, part early 4AD. Great guitars.
7. (3:45) Viceversa – Another slow tempo recording. Starts slowcore, ends shoegaze.
8. (2:08) Nostalgia – Atmospheric, almost ambient. Intense.
9. (6:16) ** Boötes Void – Medium tempo track. Think Adorable guitar distortions meets Cocteau Twins vocals. Lots of details and moments.
10. (6:32) Nada Es Estático Y Evoluciona – Slow/medium tempo recording. Slow build up. Dense and dramatic.
11. (5:19) ** Club De Chicas – Slow/fast tempo. Begins calm but takes off by minute: 51. Slows again and takes off again. Roller coaster intensity.
12. (4:43) *** Para Gali – Medium-up tempo dream pop track. Closer to the sound of their debut EP. Solid.
13. (6:06) Párpados Morados – Slow tempo. Shoegaze meets slowcore part III. Nice ending.
|1.||El Parque Parecía No Tener Fin||7.||Viceversa|
|2.||Ojos En El Carro||8.||Nostalgia|
|3.||Ciudad Satélite||9.||Boötes Void|
|4.||Temporada De Jacarandas||10.||Nada Es Estático Y Evoluciona|
|5.||Quiero Otoño De Nuevo||11.||Club De Chicas|
|6.||Cambios Del Pasar||12.||Para Gali|