|Bush Tetras / Take The Fall|
|Album:||Take The Fall||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Wharf Cat Records|
|Add Date:||2018-05-05||Pull Date:||2018-07-07|
|Week Ending:||3 Jun||20 May|
|1.||May 30, 2018:||The Fuzz Deli |
|4.||May 19, 2018:||Magnetized Toner: 2 AM |
Don't Stop It
|2.||May 30, 2018:||Magnetized Toner: 3 PM |
|5.||May 16, 2018:||The Fuzz Deli |
Don't Stop It
|3.||May 30, 2018:||Hot Probs |
Take The Fall is the latest EP by the mythical New York City dance-punkers quartet Bush Tetras. After a 10-year recording break, the Tetras came back with a loud rock n’ roll extended-play record that is closer to the Amphetamine Reptile Records/Touch and Go Records 1990s sound and is a stimulating departure from their classic mutant funk punk blasts. Cynthia Sley’s vocals remain as passionate and spellbinding as in those early scruffy 1980s New York days. Produced by Don Fleming.|
RIYL: The Jesus Lizard, Naked Beast, Baus, Melvins, and Au Pairs.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5
1. (3:56) **True Blue – Medium tempo rocker. Loud guitars, dramatic vocals. Assertive message.
2. (3:32) *Red Heavy – Slow/medium tempo. Intense guitar work. Commanding vocals. Trippy chorus and sound effects enhanced the last minute of the song.
3. (1:17) Mouse – Fast tempo punker. Solid guitar riff. Anecdotal lyrics.
4. (3:42) ***Don’t Stop It – Fast tempo recording. Blending loud guitars, dramatic vocals and a catchy melody.
5. (5:03) *Out Again – Medium tempo driven by ongoing semi-tribal percussion beat and passionate vocals. Ritualistic tone. Fades away at the end.
|2.||Red Heavy||4.||Don't Stop It|