Debut album for an LA-based punk rock band. Lots of distorted guitar/vocals throughout. Very grungy. Not much variation in style across the whole album save the last two songs. The sort of music a rebellious group of teenagers with nostalgia for an era they didn’t live through would make.
Similar artists: Metric, PJ Harvey
FCC warnings: 6, 7, 8
Recommended songs: 5, 9, 10, 7 (FCC)
1) (1:22) Train — Grungy, hard bass-line, lots of distortion, abrupt ending, 2 seconds of silence at the end
2) (2:26) Love’s Gone Again — Guitar intro, warbled vocals, 20 second slow outro, 3 seconds of silence at the end
3) (3:18) I Love LA — Very repetitive rhythm. Slow fade-out for the last 20 seconds
4) (1:58) Different Angles — Fast-paced, hard drumline, 3 seconds of silence at the end
5) ** (3:57) Chicken Woman — Measured pace, fade out over last 15 seconds
6) (2:10) Pussy Tower — [FCC: pussy, “she gives me head"] Nearly silent for first 6 seconds and the last 13 seconds, the whole song is about blowjobs
7) * (1:55) Full of Pride — [FCC: bitch, shit] One of the better short songs.
8) (3:46) Let Her Be — [FCC: shit] Heavy guitar, sirens in the middle, 2 seconds of silence at the end
9) ** (3:03) Tears — Probably the most interesting/different track on the album. Not too much distortion, emphasis on guitar and soulful vocals. Slow fade for last 15 seconds
10) * (3:56) What I Want — Bluesy inspirations. 3 seconds of silence at the end