|Brown Bags / Twenty-Something Mutant Nobodies|
|Album:||Twenty-Something Mutant Nobodies||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Side With Us|
|Add Date:||2018-08-02||Pull Date:||2018-10-04|
|Week Ending:||23 Sep||9 Sep||19 Aug|
|1.||Aug 20, 2020:||Stranded at Settembrini's |
|4.||Sep 05, 2018:||The Library |
|2.||Oct 09, 2018:||Magnetized Toner |
|5.||Aug 16, 2018:||butterscotch memory |
|3.||Sep 22, 2018:||Music Casserole |
LOCAL! Catchy, intelligent cross of pop-punk and emo from four longtime Santa Rosa punx. This is their first album, and it’s a long time coming after their captivating debut EP in 2013. It’s crisp and heavy but not aggro, bursting with great songwriting and some of the best lyrics I’ve heard from any recent emo or emo-ish bands. Even if you don’t think pop-punk is your thing, this is highly recommended for anyone who cares about articulate, boosting rock ’n’ roll. RIYL the best of the 2010s emo bands; Cloud Nothings and Titus Andronicus et al; Santa Rosa groups like The Velvet Teen, The New Trust, Santiago, and State Faults/Slow Bloom. Favorites: 1 (during safe harbor), 2, 3. FCC WARNING: 1, 5, 6.|
1. *(3:34)—FCC (f***). Fast pop-punk storytelling song about a surreal prison break. Great and totally worth playing during safe harbor.
2. *(3:20)—Mid-tempo anti-hard-drug song with a great controlled build. Could’ve been a 90’s indie rock hit.
3. *(4:21)—Slow and melancholy. Hits hard. Lovely harmonies, long instrumental finish.
4. (4:07)—Fast, crunchy, with a lot of pop-punk hooks and flourishes.
5. (4:53)—FCC (a*****e). Slow anthem against toxic masculinity. Reminscent of Built to Spill in places.
6. (2:01)—FCC (s***). Fast bash-out.
7. (4:08)—Mid-tempo. The vocals feel especially emo here. Cloud Nothings fans may dig.
8. (9:50)—Slow, calm beginning. Soft electric guitar, tight and minimal drums. Leans into a rocking plod at two minutes, picks up and hits a nice groove. Lots of dynamic shifts and some group vocals; definitely for fans of Titus Andronicus.
|1.||Ernest Goes To Jail||5.||Walnuts|
|3.||The Well||7.||(Not) Again|