|Rutili, Tim & Craig Ross / 10 Seconds To Collapse|
|Album:||10 Seconds To Collapse||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Rutili, Tim & Craig Ross||Added:||07/2018|
|Label:||Jealous Butcher Records|
|Add Date:||2018-08-12||Pull Date:||2018-10-14|
|Week Ending:||7 Oct||26 Aug||19 Aug|
|1.||Sat, 06 Oct 18:||Katrina and Kayla|
|4.||Thu, 23 Aug 18:||DJ Postnatal|
I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants
|2.||Tue, 02 Oct 18:||Jon Cousins|
Tuesday Morning Drive
|5.||Sat, 18 Aug 18:||Katrina and Kayla|
|3.||Sat, 25 Aug 18:||Mr. Tumnus|
|6.||Sat, 18 Aug 18:||Mr. Tumnus|
Rutili (aka Califone) and Ross (worked with Shearwater, Spoon, and Daniel Johnston among others) team up for a album of extremely warped and layered ‘60s-esque pop. It’s like they set out to make a Beach Boys record, then sabotaged the process with great enthusiasm. Catchy chorus harmonies and guitar strumming rise above junkyard percussion and unidentifiable noises. The carefully cultivated anarchy works. I think Tim Rutili is one of the great American songwriters; if it’s possible to compare him to anyone, he’s like a much more abstract and introverted Tom Waits. Favorites: 2, 3, 6, 8. No FCCs detected.|
1. (1:01)—Ambient intro. Sci-fi sound clips.
2. *(2:55)—Slow, deep, glitchy, trip-hop beat. Wistful. Noisy feedback solo. RIYL Grandaddy.
3. *(4:51)—Strong Califone feel. Country blues beginning. Loping beat, handclaps, background feedback.
4. (3:17)—Mid-tempo power pop. Woozy background record drone, buzzing keyboards.
5. (7:02)—Slow. Chunky, dissonant, Red Red Meat rock alternates with Sgt. Pepper acid dreaming.
6. *(5:14)—Med-tempo, psychedelic ballad. Deep bass, soft heartbeat. Beachy. Long, sun-baked, spaced-out ending.
7. (4:01)—Mid-tempo bluesy crawl. Nice pedal steel. Ragged but not aggressive.
8. *(9:57)—Slow, deep, and moody. Simple electronic beat, warm piano. Droning, glitchy intro. Second half is chopped-up looping drone with no vocals, RIYL Fennesz.
|1.||*10||5.||Back To The Plow|
|2.||Like A Rifle||6.||Coma Tapes|
|3.||The Day Before The Peaches Rot||7.||Greasing Up The Third Eye|