|Candace / New Ruins|
|Add Date:||2018-08-02||Pull Date:||2018-10-04|
|Week Ending:||30 Sep||23 Sep||16 Sep||2 Sep||26 Aug||19 Aug||12 Aug||5 Aug|
|1.||Tue, 29 Jan 19:||Telepathic Juan|
Magnetized Toner = Best of 2018 [Conclusion] + New Music
|4.||Tue, 25 Sep 18:||Jon Cousins|
Tuesday Morning Drive
|2.||Tue, 09 Oct 18:||Telepathic Juan|
|5.||Sat, 22 Sep 18:||Eme O|
|3.||Fri, 28 Sep 18:||Old Fart|
Old Fart at Play
|6.||Fri, 21 Sep 18:||Francis D|
KZSU Time Traveler
The Portland dream-rock band formerly known as Is/Is, much played on KZSU over the years. Fluid, unhurried, lived-in guitar pop. Their sound is now noticeably cleaner than it used to be; the scuzzy dark punk vibes have given way to something more overtly serene and naturalistic, even if the ocean breeze was really always in there somewhere. Half-awake, reflective, free-flowing, less rock music than water music. RIYL The Byrds, Flying Nun, Captured Tracks, but more blissed-out. Favorites: 1, 3, 4, 5. No FCCs detected.|
1. *(4:17)—Slow, welcoming. Grounded, minimal beginning. Grand, gauzy second half.
2. (3:26)—Mid-tempo. 4AD guitars, placid until the choruses hit. Simple synth line.
3. *(4:09)—Slow, low-lit, reflective. Swooning wordless harmonies on the choruses.
4. *(5:02)—Slow, deep. Waltz as advertised. High shimmering synth. Buzzing, melodic guitar solo.
5. *(3:55)—Slow. Resonant, beautiful chord progressions. Blissfully triumphant.
6. (3:57)—Mid-tempo, upbeat, feels like the most immediately pop-oriented song here.
7. (3:02)—Slow. Retro guitar bends, Chris Isaak underwater, ending up at the Twin Peaks Roadhouse.
8. (3:17)—Mid-tempo, galloping. RIYL Adorable…anyone remember them?
9. (4:02)—Slow, loose Acetone-like groove. Feels like it could melt at any moment. Faster, brighter conclusion.
|3.||Between The Day And Now||7.||Mendocino|