|Ada / Ada|
|Add Date:||2018-09-09||Pull Date:||2018-11-11|
|Week Ending:||Nov 11||Nov 4||Sep 23||Sep 16|
|1.||Nov 11, 2021:||Stranded at Settembrini's (rebroadcast from Oct 28, 2021) |
|4.||Nov 03, 2018:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Oct 28, 2021:||Stranded at Settembrini's |
|5.||Sep 19, 2018:||Brownian Motion |
|3.||Nov 04, 2018:||Radiant Airwaves |
Some Other City
|6.||Sep 17, 2018:||Everything A to Z Week 148 |
Shoveling, A Gate, Screen Door, Steps
Droning, dark, wintry post-rock from Portland, Maine. Evokes dark clouds overhead, days without sleeping, fighting back hopelessness, rushes of latent grace. Recorded with Efrim Menuck (Godspeed You! Black Emperor, A Silver Mt. Zion). I definitely hear Silver Mt. Zion’s anarchist, rough-edged gloom in there, as well as the eerie, woozy alt-country of Souled American’s last two albums. Good for melancholy. Also RIYL late Talk Talk, Black Heart Procession, Andrew Weathers. Favorites: 2, 7, 8. FCC WARNING: 4, 5.|
1. (1:48)—Background hauntology. Fades into next track.
2. *(7:04)—Warped, moody drone intro. Gorgeous funereal singing. Like a strange torch song. Stumbles drunkenly toward rock ’n’ roll in its last few minutes.
3. (1:54)—Soft piano, free drumming. Pretty. Fades into next track.
4. (8:19)—FCC (f***). Drone-folk intro, grand singing. Halting, jazzy rhythm. Middle feels like a cross between ‘90s post-rock and an alt-country rave-up.
5. (9:51)—FCC (s***). Deep mid-tempo crawl. Rocks out, with fiddling. Kinda early Modest Mouse?
6. (3:25)—Instrumental. High violin keening, cymbal taps, soft feedback.
7. *(15:55)—Very slow waltz. Nearly whispered vocals. Deep, thick, always on the verge of stopping. Reminds me a lot of Bluetile Lounge. Lumbers toward a dark, loud burst of energy before slipping into the depths.
8. *(4:43)—Slow, blurry and buzzy guitar. Waiting for the bus. Moving toward blocky noise. Reminds me of the Supreme Dicks.
|1.||Steps||5.||All Your Awful Songs|
|4.||Shoveling||8.||Some Other City|