|Skolnick, Alex Trio / Conundrum|
|Artist:||Skolnick, Alex Trio||Added:||Oct 2018|
|Add Date:||2018-10-08||Pull Date:||2018-12-10||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||Dec 9||Dec 2||Nov 25||Nov 18||Oct 21||Oct 14|
|1.||Dec 08, 2018:||the cacophony hour |
A Question Of Moral Ambiguity
|4.||Nov 24, 2018:||the cacophony hour |
|2.||Dec 08, 2018:||Music Casserole |
|5.||Nov 17, 2018:||the cacophony hour |
|3.||Nov 29, 2018:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|6.||Nov 17, 2018:||Hanging in the bone yard |
Dodge The Bambula
Jazz fusion trio formed by Testament guitarist Alex Skolnick has finally hit its stride with a tight, powerful, and varied set of original tracks. While the album exhibits large heaps of technical mastery, composition and melody are always the driving force. All tracks are good, but I've noted a few that stood out.|
1) (6:26) Chorus heavy guitar. Memorable melody.
2) (4:46) Slow tango with laid back and haunting guitar lead, bass solo.
3)* (8:20) Slow fingerpicking start, interesting musical changes, sweet bass solos.
4) (5:33) Slow strumming and fingerpicking start, bass solo
5)* (6:10) Country influenced with some Al Di Meola mixed in for good measure.
6) (7:49) Slow drums, joined by guitar strums and bass, Django Reinhardt sounding guitar solo, bass solo
7) (5:33) Slow guitar, powerful melodies.
8)* (5:02) Fun, foot tapping guitar melodies, various solos.
9) (4:59) Slow guitar, drums, and bass, jazzy. Electric lead towards end.
|2.||Django Tango||6.||Dodge The Bambula|
|3.||Conundrum||7.||Key Of Sea|
|4.||Gymnopedie, No. 1||8.||A Question Of Moral Ambiguity|
|9.||Protect The Dream|