|Ian Sweet / Crush Crusher|
|Artist:||Ian Sweet||Added:||Nov 2018|
|Add Date:||2018-11-24||Pull Date:||2019-01-26|
|Week Ending:||Jan 27||Jan 20||Jan 13||Jan 6||Dec 30||Dec 23||Dec 16||Dec 9|
|1.||Sep 22, 2022:||Hysteresis History (rebroadcast from Dec 6, 2018) |
|4.||Jan 26, 2019:||Hanging in the Bone Yard |
|2.||Nov 10, 2021:||regular school (rebroadcast from Dec 3, 2018) |
|5.||Jan 25, 2019:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|3.||Aug 30, 2021:||regular school (rebroadcast from Dec 3, 2018) |
|6.||Jan 25, 2019:||Traditions |
“Crush Crusher” Ian Sweet|
Jilian Medford’s third album under the name Ian Sweet. Starting as a solo artist on her 2014 debut, Sweet became part of a trio for 2016’s “Shapeshifter,” but is back to being a solo artist once again. The sound is noisy, raw dream-pop and shoegaze with an edge — bordering on art rock at times. The songs are about dealing with relationships, finding yourself and handling anxieties and insecurity.
Recommended: 1, 2, 3, 10, 4. FCC on Track 9.
1. (2:36) Hiding — Jangly and light. Airy vocals that end up in the swirling mix as the song builds. Somewhat noisy throughout. ***
2. (3:14) Spit — More aggressive guitar riffs, but still melodic. Alternates between softer and louder parts. **
3. (5:05) Holographic Jesus — Big strumming guitars. Super-high squeezed vocals. Heavy reverb. Discordant. “Built me to shade everybody’s sun.” **
4. (3:22) Bug Museum — Sweet vocals contrast with throaty, rich guitar riffs. **
5. (4:01) Question It — Edgy guitar-driven rock, builds to a chaotic peak. Very noisy and artsy.
6. (4:02) Crush Crusher — Pulsating electronic drumbeats provide the foundation for another woozy, experimental track.
7. (3:15) Falling Fruit — Dark, in-your-face tune about a doomed relationship. Angsty vocals. “Fell for you like a fruit.”
8. (3:21) Borrowed Body — Energetic, up-tempo guitar rock. More traditional, while still having a raw edge.
9. (4:01) Ugly/Bored — Warning: FCC f-cked, multiple times. Harsh and clashy, with some softer moments. ***
10. (5:12) Your Arms Are Water — Lightly tripping, with a nice bounce. Picked guitar, rapid bass, some synth, and snapping drums. More melodic. **
|3.||Holographic Jesus||8.||Borrowed Body|
|5.||Question It||10.||Your Arms Are Water|