|Artist:||El Gato Dice||Added:||Dec 2018|
|Label:||El Gato Dice|
|Add Date:||2018-12-23||Pull Date:||2019-02-24|
|Week Ending:||Feb 24||Feb 17||Feb 10||Feb 3||Jan 27||Jan 20||Jan 13||Jan 6|
|1.||Jan 17, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler
|4.||Mar 22, 2019:||KZSU Time Traveler
|2.||Jan 03, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler
|5.||Feb 22, 2019:||KZSU Time Traveler
|3.||Mar 29, 2019:||KZSU Time Traveler
Someday Soon, Simplest Design
|6.||Feb 15, 2019:||KZSU Time Traveler
Recommended Tracks (4) Someday Soon and (8) Keep A Fire
FCC: mild adult language on (3) Alright Already
1. Simplest Design (3:49) begins in understated fashion but ultimately introduces elements that will be thematic throughout “Tres.” Alternating vocalists (Pollyanna Bush makes several guest appearances- starting here), pop-shoegaze guitar, spoken word, and unexpected bursts of energy define the track.
Tame (3:18) is catchy, infectious, and has a deliberate 90s sound (Pavement meets Love and Rockets.)
3. Alright Already (2:43) is light commercial metal or heavy Carolina indie rock, depending on your vantage point. It’s mildly political and does feature the only non G-rated language.
4. Someday Soon (4:28) follows with a pop guitar and lush chorus, also very 90s but brought into the modern era. It too is a slow burn but comes together at the end. A lot happening but never busy.
5. Earthbound (2:28) is a short, almost novelty track that features affected vocals (like a ringmaster through a megaphone) and a very college-radio indie feel.
6. Hoy No Hay (0:54) comes completely unannounced as a 45 second death metal intro to
7. Tres (3:12) is a genre-bending instrumental that picks up where “Insatiable” from the Dos CD left off, but also dabbles in Sabbath 70s psychedelia and…space movie soundtracks.
8. Keep A Fire (3:57) is probably the most topical (gun control) and fashion-forward of the album. It’s angry Cake or political Beverly-Hills-era Weezer, and then it proceeds to a frenetic ending. This one features David Jesitus and Alexis Blair fully alternating on call-and-response vocals and it ends up being a lot of fun.
9. Stop Leaning (3:06) is a semi-sweet little ballad again featuring Pollyanna hitting the high notes. Belinda Carlisle dueting with Morrissey (?) perhaps.
10. Bonus Life (4:17) closes out “Tres” on a somber, psychedelic, powerful note. It’s 70s glam, set to a plunging distorted guitar and actual mock video game ending.
|1.||Simplest Design||6.||Hoy No Hay|
|3.||Alright Already||8.||Keep A Fire|
|4.||Someday Soon||9.||Stop Leaning|