|Nadler, Marissa / For My Crimes|
|Album:||For My Crimes||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Sacred Bones Records|
|Add Date:||2019-01-15||Pull Date:||2019-03-19|
|Week Ending:||17 Mar||10 Mar||3 Mar||24 Feb||10 Feb||3 Feb||27 Jan||20 Jan|
|1.||Wed, 13 Mar 19:||I'm a hot mess|
Everything but the kitchen sink
|4.||Fri, 01 Mar 19:||Be Sharp|
|2.||Fri, 08 Mar 19:||Be Sharp|
Traditions - International Women's Day Edition
|5.||Fri, 22 Feb 19:||Francis D|
KZSU Time Traveler
|3.||Sat, 02 Mar 19:||Eme O|
|6.||Tue, 05 Feb 19:||Yamster|
Marissa Nadler/For My Crimes|
Dream folk with soothing female lead & backing vocals. Introspective, whispery lyrics about love and loss paired with guitar, woodwinds, percussion, and cello give this album a spooky campfire-like feel. On the title track, Marissa roleplays from the perspective of a person on death row, per a challenge given by her husband.
All FCC clean. Try 2, 4, & 8.
1) For My Crimes - 4:18 - Steady guitar with violin.
2) I Can’t Listen to Gene Clark Anymore - 2:55 - Melancholy country ballad style, very sweet.
3) Are You Really Gonna Move to the South? - 3:32 - Ghost-like lullaby with extended vocalizing; song really ends at 3:24.
4) Lover Release Me - 2:28 - Catchy, quivering vocals.
5) Blue Vapor - 3:27 - Detached vocals; nice pause at 2:10 and then cello comes in.
6) Interlocking - 3:57 - Gracefully flowing guitar & vocals.
7) All Out of Catastrophes - 2:13 - Strong chorus, short but sweet.
8) Dream Dream Big in the Sky - 2:54 - Around 1:40 get a winding solo with guitar, violin, & vocalizing.
9) You’re Only Harmless When You Sleep - 2:55 - Meditative acoustic with mournful vocals.
10) Flamethrower - 2:34 - Dreamy & calm.
11) Said Goodbye to that Car - 3:03 - Almost falsetto-like vocals, quicker than other songs.