Raw Silk Uncut Wood
(Released by Latency)
Reviewed by BravoMarco
Back with a more delicate meditative encounter, Laurel Halo (Ina Cube) is in splendid contemplative form with this release. Unhurried richness that allows the listener to drift away to wherever you feel like going. Ambient electronica, with an enchanting maturity. “Inspired by recent film score work for Metahaven and Ursula Le Guin's translation of the 'Tao Te Ching' “
Like: Deison & Mingle, Lawrence English, Gregg Skloff, Laura Cetilia
All good: Loving 1,5,6
No FCC’s (Instrumentals)
1) Raw Silk Uncut Wood (10.00) Waves upon waves of earthy goodness.
2) Mercury (3.56) Jagged percussion underneath a mesmerizing deliberate touch of the piano.
3) Quietude (2.32) Harsher sound, although not reaching Industrial levels, a cacophony of fair ground rides combined with a shooting range.
4) The Sick Mind (4.24) This gurgles & splatters at a more energetic pace, unease & panic stricken in an underwater arena.
5) Supine (1.27) Like an intro to a post-punk classic from the early days – Ritual, Blood & Roses come to mind.
6) Nahbarkeit (10.07) A grand soundscape of sound, a cinematic beauty.