|Add Date:||2019-02-22||Pull Date:||2019-04-26|
|Week Ending:||Apr 28||Apr 21||Apr 14||Apr 7||Mar 31||Mar 24||Mar 17||Mar 10|
|1.||Oct 11, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler (rebroadcast from Mar 8, 2019)
|4.||Apr 27, 2019:||Music Casserole
|2.||Jul 04, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler (rebroadcast from Mar 1, 2019)
|5.||Apr 26, 2019:||KZSU Time Traveler
|3.||May 03, 2019:||KZSU Time Traveler
A Real You
|6.||Apr 19, 2019:||KZSU Time Traveler
Borderline Friends, A Real You, Master Eyes, Four Years
Guitar-driven alt rock — leaning toward 70s art rock with Beatles/George Harrison influences. Elements of glam rock at times as well. Omori is a former member of the Smith Westerns, whose other members formed the band, Whitney, after the split. Omori is a multi-instrumentalist who plays guitar, bass, synthesizers, piano and organ, and handles the lead vocals. This is Omori’s second solo release. RIYL: The Beatles, George Harrison, T Rex, or guitar-rock of any kind.
Recommended: 1, 5, 12, 4, 2, 6, 9. FCC on track 3.
1. (3:48) Four Years — Jangle rock. Leisurely and laid back, with warm Beatles-like harmonies in the chorus. ****
2. (3:11) Borderline Friends — Floating guitars and keyboards with tumbling drums. Some psyche elements. Great harmonies at the end. ***
3. (2:35) All By Yourself — FCC: Shit Strummed guitars with distant moaning of lap steel guitar. George Harrison-like sound.
4. (3:08) Happiness Reigns — Bouncy, guitar-driven power pop. Melodic and hooky. Edgy guitar in trail-out. ***
5. (4:10) Master Eyes — Throwback guitar-rock anthem, reminiscent of the Beatles or even Queen’s slow glam songs. Beatles-like vocals. ****
6. (3:26) Quiet Girl — More of a prog sound. Reverbed, gritty guitars and synths. **
7. (2:59) Black Rainbow — Melodic, synth-driven pop-rock. French horn in lead break.
8. (4:09) Natural Woman — Swingy and lighter love song. Ringing guitars. Throwback 70s feeling. Guitar in lead break.
9. (3:06) Millennial Geishas — Psyche rock with T Rex influences. Layers of guitars and synths. Harmonies in the chorus. **
10. (1:55) Last Line — Warped guitars with rich backing harmonies in a short melodic tune.
11. (2:52) Queen — Glam rock. Dirty guitars intermixed with a soundscape of synths. Filtered vocals.
12. (3:02) A Real You — Playful kaleidoscope of sounds — jangly guitar, harmonized lead vocals and skipping drums. Brit-pop influences. ****
|1.||Four Years||7.||Black Rainbow|
|2.||Borderline Friends||8.||Natural Woman|
|3.||All By Yourself||9.||Millennial Geishas|
|4.||Happiness Reigns||10.||Last Line|
|6.||Quiet Girl||12.||A Real You|