|Album:||Harlem River Drive||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Sedlmayr, Billy||Added:||Mar 2019|
|Add Date:||2019-04-09||Pull Date:||2019-06-11|
|Week Ending:||Jun 2||May 19||Apr 14|
|1.||May 29, 2019:||Brownian Motion
Harlem River Drive
|3.||Apr 10, 2019:||Brownian Motion
So Good To So Bad
|2.||May 15, 2019:||Brownian Motion
So Good To So Bad
1. *(4:34)—Slow, melancholy, with cinematic pacing and lyrics (“rain begins to spit, first a drop, then the whole world’s wet”). Prominent pedal steel.
2. (4:10)—Mid-tempo, laidback. Low and insistent strumming, accordion-like keys.
3. (5:33)—Slow, dark, and bluesy, with a theatrically ragged vocal performance.
4. *(2:56)—Medium-fast power pop. Rocking, with nice organ and harmonies.
5. *(3:22)—Slow. Shel Silverstein cover. Old recording feel, old-school Western band on the porch. Slide guitar, harmonica, accordion.
6. *(4:12)—Very slow, nocturnal, rueful, beautiful. Nice and deep stand-up bass, great trumpet solo.
7. (2:42)—Medium-slow, swampy rocking swagger. Great backing vocals and handclaps.
8. *(3:03)—Medium-slow, with a minimal modern country groove. (“My eyes are not the windows to my soul.”)
9. (1:41)—FCC (s***). Spoken word poem about prison life (“you ain’t worth a stamp or the spit to send it on”).
10. (4:24)—Slow, lumbering blues rock.
11. (5:14)—Medium-slow road song, with some slightly post-rock lead. Dense choruses with horns and squelchy synth effects.
12. (4:17)—POSSIBLE FCC (“we stop so she can pee,” your call I guess). Slow, wistful country. Big pedal steel.
|2.||My Father's House||8.||Stoney Coat|
|3.||Ocean||9.||Teenage Jesus & The Tattooed Love Boys|
|4.||White Powder Ma||10.||Naturally (She's A Woman)|
|5.||So Good To So Bad||11.||Son Of Sunoco|
|6.||Harlem River Drive||12.||Apology|