|Chupame El Dedo / No Te Metas Con Satan|
|Album:||No Te Metas Con Satan||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Chupame El Dedo||Added:||04/2019|
|Add Date:||2019-04-30||Pull Date:||2019-07-02|
|Week Ending:||7 Jul||30 Jun||23 Jun||16 Jun||2 Jun||26 May||12 May||5 May|
|1.||Tue, 21 Jan 20:||Telepathic Juan|
Magnetized Toner: Best of 2019 - Part 1
|4.||Tue, 25 Jun 19:||Telepathic Juan|
Magnetized Toner: Summer Mix
|2.||Sat, 06 Jul 19:||Eme O|
|5.||Tue, 18 Jun 19:||Telepathic Juan|
|3.||Tue, 02 Jul 19:||Mr. Bones|
Hanging in the bone yard
|6.||Tue, 11 Jun 19:||Telepathic Juan|
Magnetized Toner: Special performance by Fawns Of Love
No Te Metas Con Satan [Don’t Mess With Satan] is the debut album by Bogotá, Colombia’s experimental electro-tropical duo Chupame El Dedo [Suck My Finger]. Chupame El Dedo is a group formed by Eblis Álvarez (Meridian Brothers, Los Pirañas, Frente Cumbiero) and Pedro Ojeda (Romperayo, Los Pirañas, Frente Cumbiero, Ondatrópica). Setting up their sound with their 2014 EP debut, a mixture of grotesque techno beats, grindcore vocals, and tropical rhythms, 2019 brings a new album and expanding vocabulary with Dadaist spoken word, distorted male/female vocals, and a crazy nonsense narrative about being friends (or not) with the devil. Remarkably bizarre and extremely contagious.|
Something else from the press release:
Formed by psych cumbia master Eblis Alvarez (Meridian Brothers) and Pedro Ojeda (Romperayo), the man that found the perfect cocktail mix for acid + folk + tropical beats, Chupame El Dedo are ready to mess around with Satan.
It’s a pitch perfect title for a record that’s never at the right pitch. The humour makes way for the funny stories that Eblis and Pedro explore in their lyrics. Frequently it comes to mind the universe of Quasimoto, Madlib’s abstract hip hop that sounded delicious in the early 2000s. Chupame El Dedo lives in the same kind of power trip, fuelled by intense salsa rhythms dressed with heavy metal images.That’s where Satan comes into place. The Devil wears many clothes, but none are as multi-coloured and trendy as the ones we see in “No Te Metas Con Satan”. Seriously.
RIYL: Meridian Brothers, Lasser Moderna, Los Pirañas, Frente Cumbiero and Romperayo.
Recommended Tracks: 2, 3, 4, 5!!, 6, 7, 8
1. (5:18) No te Metas con Satan – Medium-up tempo. Reggaetón beat, female/male vocals, crazy sounds. Sets the tone of the album. Tropical-cibernetico.
2. (3:45) **Metalero – Fast tempo. Part Merengue, part rumba. More crazy sounds and lots of percussion. Awesome vocals.
3. (3:40) *Peos – Medium-up tempo. Electro-merengue. More insane vocals and synth sounds.
4. (4:40) ***Mi Ancestro Berraco – Slow/Medium-up tempo. Deranged tropical piece with out there vocals and lyrics.
5. (7:42) ****Alexandria Candelaria – The coolest recording on the album. Part telenovela, part performance art. Ridiculous plot, startling sounds. Medium tempo. Instant classic! A bailar el bullerengue!!
6. (3:38) *Amo a mi Familia – Medium-up tempo. Merengazo sonico. More crazy noises, percussions and irrational vocals.
7. (3:48) *Me Duele – Medium-up tempo. Mad tropical piece, female/male vocals, crazy sounds. Tropical-cibernetico II.
8. (5:00) *Bolillo Cafre – Medium tempo. Electro-cumbia. Medium-up tempo. The insanity continues. Dense.
|1.||No Te Metas Con Satan||5.||Alexandra Candelaria|
|2.||Metalero||6.||Amo A Mi Familia|
|4.||Mi Ancestro Berraco||8.||Bolillo Cafre|