|Uncle Meg / Butterfly|
|Label:||Hog Mob Muzik|
|Add Date:||2019-05-10||Pull Date:||2019-07-12||Charts:||Hip-Hop|
|Week Ending:||19 May|
|1.||May 16, 2019:||Brands Bytes & Beats |
Choke, Chopper Jet (Feat. S.O.U.P.), Verde, Butterfly (Feat. Laura Lee Bishop), Take Me Away
Uncle Meg - “Butterfly”|
Cool EP from NYC based rapper Uncle Meg; self-described as “emo hip hop” and featuring topics related to transgender identity, the EP covers topics related to identity, gender, and other relevant social topics.
***Note: the first 5 tracks of the EP are the FCC dirty versions, and then the CLEAN versions of the same five songs are on tracks 6-10!!!***
FCCs: tracks 1-5, but tracks 6-10 are CLEAN!
Favorites: 6, 10
1. Take Me Away - thick 808s and interesting guitar samples along with triplet high hats give this beat an interesting eclectic vibe; rapping about identity, relationships, living your best life, etc.
2. Butterfly (Feat. Laura Lee Bishop) - FCCs; Icy percussion and raps about life/death as a butterfly.
3. Verde - clean percussion on the beat; raps about self versus world; lots of pitched vocals.
4. Chopper Jet (feat. S.O.U.P.) - pitched down vocals; raps about self-knowledge, self-judgement, asking for help, etc. Important topics delivered with confident cadence and over a sort of poppy trap beat.
5. Choke - catchy song about pharmacies, medicine, substances, and the relationships that one had to all of these. Another icy trap-like beat with socially relevant raps and some interesting pitched down vocal parts. Catchy track and important topics.
|1.||Take Me Away||3.||Verde|
|2.||Butterfly (Feat. Laura Lee Bishop)||4.||Chopper Jet (Feat. S.O.U.P.)|