|Copeland, Eric / Trogg Modal Vol. 2|
|Album:||Trogg Modal Vol. 2||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Copeland, Eric||Added:||May 2019|
|Add Date:||2019-05-21||Pull Date:||2019-07-23||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||Jul 7||Jun 30||Jun 9||May 26|
|1.||Jul 06, 2019:||Music Casserole |
|4.||May 25, 2019:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
|2.||Jun 25, 2019:||Magnetized Toner: Summer Mix |
|5.||May 21, 2019:||Magnetized Toner |
|3.||Jun 08, 2019:||On The Warpath |
Eric Copeland - Trogg Modal Vol. 2|
Former BLACK DICE member, Eric Copeland delivers some self-described “late night flight photo tekno.” Grooves that are repetitive in a real nice way, with a variety of synth sounds from video gamey stuff to more washed out space vibes that sound like a club in outer space. These tracks are nice because they’re groovy but don’t take themselves too seriously.
RIYL: Black Dice, Suicide, Techno, Video game music, fun electronic music, whimsical vibes.
FCCs: None! All instrumental
Favorites: 3, 6, 7,
1. Beat it - 4:46 - Uptempo robotic groove; cool siren sounding synths; real mean bassline.
2. High Score Zed - 4:24 - Very video gamey groove; not cheesy but definitely sounds like an intense video game, and the name of the track is very fitting. Victorious gamer vibes.
3. United Banana - 5:42 - This track is dope - dancey house vibes; sounds like it would be great to come on at like 2:30am at a rave. no video game vibes aside from the bassline which sounds nicely compressed;
4. Pay Off - 5:47 - midtempo groove; back to the psychedelic video game vibes on this one; some interesting synthesized vocals add great texture to the otherwise digital vibes.
5. BS Dropout - 5:26 - thick low end kick drum on this techno banger. Very proper EQing - satisfying. More great vocal chops/synthesized vocals adding wonderful character to the techno vibes.
6. Light Fantastic - 4:53 - 80s club banger. Synth sounds like a sample from Suicide’s 2nd album. “Diamonds, fur coats, champagne” vibes. More great vocal samples. This would get the party hyped up earlier in the night at the hip disco rave club. Love it.
7. Blazin - 4:47 - Moodier groove; midtempo-ish, more 80s vibes, in a great way; femme-sounding vocal samples make the track bang more. Sounds mean in a really nice way.
8. Falo - 5:45 - Another Suicide sounding bassline! Sounds like Ghostrider. But the vibe is slower at the start before the drums come in. Drums are not very banging in terms of low end, but do the trick with a sparklier vibe. Fun listen and sort of mashes together the more dancey and more video-gamey vibes into one.
|1.||Beat It||5.||Bs Dropout|
|2.||High Score Zed||6.||Light Fantastic|