|Add Date:||2019-06-12||Pull Date:||2019-08-14|
|Week Ending:||Jul 14||Jun 23|
|1.||Jul 13, 2019:||(with special guest DJ Diego)
|3.||Jun 18, 2019:||Attitude Adjustment
|2.||Jun 19, 2019:||Brownian Motion
|4.||Jun 18, 2019:||Magnetized Toner
1. (1:14)—Heavily processed synthesis of voices.
2. *(3:43)—Slow banger. Big crashing synths. High-pitched, bendy voice.
3. (1:37)—Church vocals with heavy reverb.
4. *(4:45)—Slow, heavy, busy, with drops. Several simultaneous vocal tracks. Somewhat glitchy percussion with something of an 80s feel.
5. (5:57)—Almost ambient, beatless, very crisp soundtrack/sound art feel. Choral section reminiscent of Pauline Oliveros’s Tuning Meditation, which Holly occasionally led sessions of at CCRMA.
6. (2:35)—Breathy, atonal vocals. Spoken word by a child.
7. (4:29)—Piercing, harpsichord-like AI church vocals. Mid-tempo beat drops at -2:45.
8. *(3:11)—Arpeggiated vocals with a lot of digital grain. Minimal, very pretty, reminds me of dial-up tones? Maybe she’s doing one of her ASMR experiments here, I can’t tell.
9. (4:38)-Slow, minimal beat. Dense, wave-like vocal textures.
10. (1:33)—Heavily manipulated group vocals.
11. (2:49)—FCC? (The press sheet says so, but I don’t hear it.) Glitchy sounds, mutating polyphonic spoken word.
12. *(2:30)—Super cut-up vocals used as percussion samples, laid over one another in complex rhythms. Collaboration with Jlin.
13. *(5:10)—Squelchy mid-tempo beat. Dark, a little clubby in a sci-fi way, sorta reminiscent of Massive Attack.