|Add Date:||2019-06-18|| ||Pull Date:||2019-08-20|| |
|Week Ending:||11 Aug||4 Aug||28 Jul||7 Jul||30 Jun||23 Jun|
Love Bites is the inspiring second album by Bolton, England pop-punkers, The Buzzcocks. Another fantastic set of unstoppable, energetic recordings complemented by snooty accents, more witty remarks, and a matchless sense for pop melody. Originally released in the summer of 1978 only six months after their debut album, Another Music In A Different Kitchen. Reissued album comes with a great booklet. Power pop forever. |
Something else from the press release:
To mark the 40th anniversary of the original releases, Domino Records is very proud to announce the re-issue of Buzzcocks influential second album, Love Bites.
Within six months of their debut album release, the band had recorded and released its follow up, Love Bites. Again, working with Martin Rushent at Olympic Studios, Love Biteswas recorded in late July 1978 and released in September of that year. Reaching number 13 in the U.K. album charts, it featured their highest charting single, and arguably best-known song, Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn’t’ve).
By the end of 1978 with the release of Another Music In A Different KitchenandLove Bitesalbums not only had Buzzcocks established themselves as one of the leading-lights of punk but proved themselves as deft songwriters capable of producing three-minute-mini-masterpieces that would endure long after the initial spark of punk had faded.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
1. (3:34) ***Real World – Medium tempo. Cool guitar riff. Vocals start at 1:07. Timeless.
2. (2:42) ****Ever Fallen In Love – Medium-up tempo. Power pop classic. Play it!
3. (3:33) **Operators Manual – Medium-up tempo. Fast guitars. Vivid and melodic.
4. (2:54) Nostalgia – Upbeat recording. Power pop 101 here.
5. (3:00) *Just Lust – Medium-up tempo. Cool guitars here. Part pub rock, part, power pop.
6. (3:17) **Sixteen Again – Medium-up tempo. Fast rocker here. Part pub rock, part power pop. Cool cut.
7. (2:01) *Walking Distance – Medium-up tempo. Instrumental. Fast guitars. Urgent.
8. (3:12) *Love Is Lies – Medium tempo. The power pop ballad of the album.
9. (4:28) ***Nothing Left – Medium-up tempo. Punk? Power pop? Another classic!
10. (4:45) ***E.S.P. – Medium-up tempo. Killer guitar work, great vocal melody. Play it!
11. (5:32) ***Late For The Train – Upbeat track. Tribal beat, sharp guitars, great energy. A killer instrumental.