|Cartoon Violence / Has Got You Covered|
|Album:||Has Got You Covered||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2019-07-23||Pull Date:||2019-09-24|
|Week Ending:||15 Sep||25 Aug||18 Aug||11 Aug||4 Aug||28 Jul|
|1.||Wed, 25 Sep 19:||DJ Stace|
|4.||Tue, 10 Sep 19:||Yamster|
|2.||Sat, 14 Sep 19:||Eme O|
|5.||Wed, 21 Aug 19:||Telepathic Juan|
Magnetized Toner: Summer Mix II
|3.||Wed, 11 Sep 19:||DJ Stace|
|6.||Fri, 16 Aug 19:||DJ Osud|
Butter and Jams
Has Got You Covered is the third EP by Oakland, California chiptune duo Cartoon Violence. Interesting collection of video game noises, electric guitar riffs, special effects sounds, dramatic vocals and a peculiar assortment of popular music covers from then and now. Nerd rock for you and me.|
Something else from the press release:
Over the years, Cartoon Violence have covered songs by other artists in their live show. Now they have collected their Casios and Gameboys and brought them into the studio for a 5 song EP of covers you are bound to enjoy.
A mad musical scientist and a sonic death machine met and formed a union destined to destroy bad music throughout the multiverse. Cartoon Violence is beyond genre or classification. They are music for the self-aware ironic subroutine of the pop culture singularity.
RIYL: Bit Shifter, Una Niña Malvada, YMCK, Magiobus and Insecure Men.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 4, 5
1. (3:31) **Life On Mars? – Medium tempo. Casio and Gameboy sounds forever. Entertaining. Cover of David Bowie.
2. (2:38) What Can I Do (For You)? – Medium tempo. From a cartoon called Steven Universe. Very Meat Loaf.
3. (3:02) **Ana Ng – Medium tempo. More Casio and Gameboy sounds for everyone. I like the lo-fi meets Broadway take. Cover of They Might Be Giants.
4. (3:47) *Dead Man's Party – Medium-up tempo. Lo-fi meets Broadway part II. Trippy. Cover of Oingo Boingo.
5. (3:26) ***Just Can't Get Enough – Medium tempo. Lo-fi meets folk pop. Cats and dogs forever. Cover of Depeche Mode.
|1.||Life On Mars?||3.||Ana Ng|
|2.||What Can I Do (For You)?||4.||Dead Man's Party|
|5.||Just Can't Get Enough|