|Surf Curse / Heaven Surrounds You|
|Album:||Heaven Surrounds You||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Danger Collective Records|
|Add Date:||2019-10-30||Pull Date:||2020-01-01|
|Week Ending:||29 Dec||22 Dec||15 Dec||8 Dec||1 Dec||24 Nov||10 Nov||3 Nov|
|1.||Feb 10, 2020:||good boy sweater |
Maps To The Stars
|4.||Dec 27, 2019:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|2.||Jan 26, 2020:||Alphabet Soup |
|5.||Dec 21, 2019:||On The Warpath |
Maps To The Stars
|3.||Dec 28, 2019:||On The Warpath |
|6.||Dec 20, 2019:||KZSU Time Traveler |
Indie rock jams that are really consistent. A good album overall with some solid ones, but certainly more indie and less rock than their previous releases Buds and Sad Boys. Some may like this departure and some may not.|
Recommended: 3, 4, 6 (FCC), 8
FCC’s: 6, 9*, 10
RIYL: Turnover, DIIV, Car Seat Headrest
1. Maps to the Stars (2:39) *** - Fast drums, rhythm guitar, and lead picking with extended vocal harmonies.
2. Labyrinth (3:09) ** - Simple lyrics with upbeat instrumentation. Instruments only past 1:33.
3. Disco (2:33) *** - Good for dancing! Pretty repetitive with a 4 on the floor outro.
4. River’s Edge (3:34) *** - Slower, soulful, and somber.
5. Midnight Cowboy (3:17) ** - Similar to track 1.
6. Hour of the Wolf (3:06) *** - Sad vocals and slightly dissonant guitar chords. Good riffage. FCC (shitty).
7. Dead Ringers (2:39) ** - Quick with extra chorus and reverb.
8. Safe (2:11) **** - Deep lyrics about loneliness and anxiety with a pace to match.
9. Memory (2:30) *** - Interesting guitar with bright synth. Possible FCC* (so damn good).
10. Opera (4:33) *** - Whipping out the acoustic! Lots of death and dying in this duet. FCC (fuck).
11. Trust (2:48) ** - Quick with many ooh’s. Strings come in between vocals.
12. Jamie (4:59) *** - Ending on a happy note. The portion after 1:50 makes it interesting. More than half of this track is a complete crescendo!
|1.||Maps To The Stars||7.||Dead Ringers|
|6.||Hour Of The Wolf||12.||Jamie|