|Amelia Courthouse / Ruby Glass|
|Add Date:||2020-02-12||Pull Date:||2020-06-17||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||23 Feb||16 Feb|
|1.||Sep 23, 2021:||Stranded at Settembrini's (rebroadcast from Sep 2, 2021) |
|4.||Feb 19, 2020:||Brownian Motion |
|2.||Sep 02, 2021:||Stranded at Settembrini's |
|5.||Feb 15, 2020:||Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles |
|3.||Apr 23, 2020:||Stranded at Settembrini's |
Ambient-drone with psychedelic and neoclassical elements. Piano, warm synths, pastoral guitar, drone textures from various sources. Very gentle, understated, lo-fi, wistful but eschewing simple cinematic melancholy for something more subtle and mysterious. Debut album under this pseudonym by Leah Toth, by day a professor in modern literature. RIYL Saariselka (Marielle Jakobsons and Chuck Johnson), Talk West, Eluvium, Jax Deluca. Favorites: 1, 3, 5. No FCCs detected.|
1. *(6:31)—Very slow, distant, measured piano. Thin, gentle drone. Lap steel?
2. (3:46)—Multiple layers of chimes, more piano.
3. *(4:37)—A little darker, lap steel or related textures shadowing minor key piano.
4. (2:43)—High, tinny piano loop reminiscent of The Caretaker. Builds at the end.
5. *(17:48)—Water sounds. Soft, low guitar cycling between two chords. Synth drone, layers of soft, wordless vocals. Scrambled echoes of radio transmissions.
|1.||No Chimbo||3.||Hugh Kenner|