|Umbrellas, The / Umbrellas, The|
|Add Date:||2022-04-01||Pull Date:||2022-06-17|
|Week Ending:||22 May||15 May||8 May||1 May||24 Apr||17 Apr||10 Apr|
|1.||Jun 24, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|4.||May 18, 2022:||The Fuzz Deli (rebroadcast from Apr 6, 2022) |
She Buys Herself Flowers
|2.||Jun 22, 2022:||The Fuzz Deli (rebroadcast from May 11, 2022) |
|5.||May 13, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|3.||May 20, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|6.||May 11, 2022:||The Fuzz Deli |
The Umbrellas is the debut self-titled LP by San Francisco guitar pop quartet The Umbrellas. Stylish vocals and chiming guitar-driven recordings in the tradition of Elefant/Sarah Records. Los nietos de Beat Happening. |
Something else from the press release:
The Umbrellas are a 4-piece jangle-pop group who made their debut into the SF diy pop scene in 2019 with their self-recorded and released tape, the "Maritime E.P." The San Francisco bay area has long been an important outpost of the International Pop Underground, from the 90s heyday of The Aislers Set, #Poundsign# and The Fairways to the string of legendary popfests in the early 00s and more recently to a DIY pop resurgence with bands like The Mantles, Flowertown and The Reds, Pinks & Purples. Now we're very happy to welcome into this rich pop tradition The Umbrellas, who, after one well-received tape/single, are sure to dazzle with their new self-titled debut album.
RIYL: The Red, Pinks & Purples, Beat Happening, The Pastels, Cindy and Orange Juice.
Recommended Tracks: 6, 1, 9, 3, 11, 7, 2, 4, 10, 8
1. (02:59) *** Lonely – Medium-up tempo recording. Awesome opener. Elefant records forever.
2. (02:00) ** Near You – Medium tempo recording. Female vocals. Melancholic.
3. (03:24) *** Autumn – Slow tempo recording. Beat Happening vibe all the way.
4. (02:33) ** Happy – Medium-up tempo recording. Upbeat. Nice melody.
5. (03:42) It's True – Slow tempo recording. Acoustic and melodic.
6. (03:23) **** She Buys Herself Flowers – Medium-up tempo recording. Favorite track in the record.
7. (03:29) ** Pictures – Medium-up tempo recording. The Smiths meets The Pastels.
8. (02:18) * Galine – Medium-up tempo recording. Female vocals. Beat Happening forever.
9. (02:58) *** Never Available – Medium-up tempo recording. Great guitar riff. Classic Sarah records sound. Love the vocals.
10. (04:17) *Summer – Slow tempo recording. Melancholic trip. Nice vocals.
11. (03:03) *** City Song – Medium-up tempo recording. Sweet track. Elefant records forever part II.
12. (04:01) A.M. – Slow tempo. Nice vocals. Part classic 4AD, part Sarah Records.
|5.||It's True||11.||City Song|
|6.||She Buys Herself Flowers||12.||A.M.|