|Ceramic Animal / Sweet Unknown|
|Artist:||Ceramic Animal||Added:||Apr 2022|
|Label:||Easy Eye Sound|
|Add Date:||2022-04-25||Pull Date:||2022-06-27|
|Week Ending:||Jun 26||Jun 19||Jun 12||Jun 5||May 29||May 22||May 15||May 8|
|1.||Mar 08, 2023:||The Aleko Show |
I Love A Stranger
|4.||Aug 31, 2022:||Hanging In The Bone Yard |
|2.||Sep 09, 2022:||Hanging In The Bone Yard |
|5.||Aug 19, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler |
Up In Smoke
|3.||Sep 06, 2022:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
Up In Smoke
|6.||Jul 22, 2022:||KZSU Time Traveler |
“Sweet Unknown” Ceramic Animal|
Indie rock band fronted by three brothers — Chris, Erik and Elliott Regan — plus childhood friends. From Doylestown, an hour north of Philadelphia. Blends post-punk, psych rock and glam rock into a throwback 70s sound…with just a hint of Americana at times. Produced by Dan Auerbach of the Black Keys at Easy Eye Sound in Nashville. Excellent! RIYL: The Black Keys, The War On Drugs, T. Rex, Todd Rundgren.
— Francis D.
Recommended: 1, 7, 10, 6, 2, 5. No FCCs noted.
1. (3:47) Tangled — The lead single. A strummy strut. Nice chugging bass line. Warm and inviting vocals. Cool 70s pop rock vibe. ****
2. (2:48) I Can’t Wait — Garage rock. Driving, with a solid backbeat. Growling guitar solos. Very Black Keys, right down to the vocals. ***
3. (3:59) I Love A Stranger — Funky groove with handclaps and almost spoken vocals in the verses (reminiscent of “Tom’s Diner”).
4. (3:13) Long Day — Easy groove. Laid-back and jazzy. Higher vocals that occasionally reach into falsetto ranges.
5. (5:14) Forever Song — Pensive ballad. Organ and jangly guitar at the start. Builds into a bigger tune with vocals that soar in the choruses. ***
6. (3:59) Sweet Unknown — Another leisurely, soulful stroll. Catchy reassuring melody and nice mix of guitars and keys. ****
7. (3:29) Up In Smoke — Up-tempo pop rock, with harmonized vocals over jangly guitars and shimmering keys — plus a hint of pedal steel. Could almost be a Creedence Clearwater song (without Fogerty’s vocals). ****
8. (2:33) Private Dancer — Alternates between halting and mysterious…and in your face, edgy rock.
9. (3:33) I Don’t Wanna Wait — Another smooth, sliding groove — with a bit of a Hall & Oates feel.
10. (3:23) Valerie — Straight-ahead rock and roll, with fuzzy guitars and plinking piano. ****
|2.||I Can't Wait||7.||Up In Smoke|
|3.||I Love A Stranger||8.||Private Dancer|
|4.||Long Day||9.||I Don't Wanna Wait|