|Kozelek, Mark / Rock 'n' Roll Singer|
|Album:||Rock 'n' Roll Singer||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Badman Recording Company|
|1.||Wed, 08 Nov 17:||Your Imaginary Friend|
|4.||Thu, 13 Dec 12:||DJ Away|
The Sunset Life (Extended Coda)
|2.||Wed, 29 Mar 17:||Your Imaginary Friend|
|5.||Wed, 16 May 12:||Your Imaginary Friend|
|3.||Wed, 24 Sep 14:||Your Imaginary Friend|
|6.||Thu, 17 Mar 11:||Andy S|
|Your Imaginary Friend|
Local hero continues his solo career sans Red House Painters and 4AD. Quality “singer songwriter” material, dark and beautiful ballads, well played acoustic guitar with distinctive vocals throughout. Folky but interesting, would fit in with Nick Drake et al. Of the 7 tracks 3 are unrecognizable AC/DC covers (tracks 2, 3, 6) as well as 1 by John Denver (track 5). Joined for one song by noted locals Tim Mooney (Am Music Club) on drums and Joe Goldring (Swans) electric guitar for a whole band sound (track 2 only).Recommended tracks: 1, 4, 5, 7 (but all are good)|
1) Acoustic guit, vocals only.Folky but lovely unexpected chordal changes.
2) Unrecognizable AC/DC cover employs whole band.Slow tempo, heavy downbeat, ballady.
3) Acoustic guit, vocals only.Sung in a higher atypical register.Another unrecognizable AC/DC cover.Turns it pretty.
4) Drop tuned percussive acoustic guit with vocals and subtle vocal harmonies.Very Nick Drake-ish.
5) John Denver cover.Acoustic guit and vocals only.Folky without much typical darkness, except for lyrics which ironically are sung from the grave. Great cover.
6) Another folky song, AC/DC cover.Mostly uninteresting acoustic guit and vocals only.There is kitsch value to this (as all of his strange 70’s arena rock band covers of late)
7) This is an intense tear-jerker of a song.Six minutes of acoustic guitar and singing with heart wrenching lyrics.Slow paced, bittersweet (minor feel but major chording), minimalist with lots of space.Some of his finest work ever.
|1.||Find Me, Ruben Olivares||4.||Metropol 47|
|2.||Rock 'n' Roll Singer||5.||Around and Around|
|3.||You Ain't Got a Hold on Me||6.||Bad Boy Boogie|