|Go-Betweens, the / Friends of Rachel Worth, the|
|Album:||Friends of Rachel Worth, the||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Go-Betweens, the||Added:||Sep 2000|
|1.||Nov 07, 2006:||What's in the Ice Box? |
|3.||May 05, 2005:||The Devil's Collective |
|2.||Oct 17, 2006:||What's in the Ice Box? |
Magic in Here
|4.||Dec 07, 2004:||All This and Mor: Going Down Under |
Magic in Here
This reunion album features a new incarnation of the Go-Betweens, including Robert Forster, Grant McLennan, and 3 members of Sleater-Kinney. This is indie/folk pop with melodic hooks so sweet and lush instrumentation so beautiful that it put a smile on my face. Overall mood is relaxed and cheery. There's nothing surprising about this kind of twee pop, but they just do it so well. -nari|
*1. Pretty layered guitars and layered vocals, snappy beat.
*2. Infectious melody and a snappy beat.
*3. Punkier dissonant opening chords.
4. Heavy beat, danceable. Tell-a-story vocals.
5. Twinkly guitar + violin/viola + melancholy vocals = pretty.
*6. Sad, achy-wistful chords.
7. Cute on all three fronts - bouncy drums, simple guitar line, silly lyrics.
8. Why does this sound like an old Genesis song? Bass turned up on this track for a slow funky lope.
9. Fastest moving track. Very upbeat.
10. Folkiest track. Acoustic guitar, vocals laden with regret, violin.
|1.||Magic in Here||6.||Heart and Home|
|3.||The Clock||8.||Orpheus Beach|
|4.||German Farmhouse||9.||Going Blind|
|5.||He Lives My Life||10.||When She Sang About Angels|