|Various Artists / Aural Fixation Kvrx Lo|
|Album:||Aural Fixation Kvrx Lo||Collection:||General|
KVRX Local Live 5 - the annual comp. of the best cuts from KVRX Austin's Local Live show. Disc 2 is some fine mellow indie rock & a couple electronic oriented things, while Disc 1 is a variety of Texas homegrown with something for *everyone*.|
1. Simple folky song with kooky, self-deprecating humor
2. Downtrodden country tune
*3. Solo acoustic guitar; sliding blues, with a jig at the end
4. Dance-like, jaunty, Jewish
5. Rock song with a little bite
*6. Male singer & his guitar with some weepy phasing effects
7. Pop emo cliches
8. Spoken word joke w/guitar accomp.
9. Dreamy, bendy reverbed guitars, regretful male vocals
10. Fur Elise (LvB) cover in the style of Urge Overkill
11. A cute, upbeat country tune. Rockin Around the Xmas Tree.
*12. Banjo, harmonica, soft drums, and soulful male vocals
13. Cartoony vocals .. is this a joke?
*14. Nice beat, Latin percussion, spaced out electric guitar
15. Another man w/ a guitar joking around. Cute though :)
*16. Rock song. Man-Or-Astroman demo tape.
*17. Calypso? Here's what the website says: "Austin, Texas' original Soukous and Afro-Pop dance band!"
18. Welcome to the Jungle cover in the style of disco
19. Female vocals, acoustic guitar, bittersweet folk singing
*1. Very slow, wet & dreamy instr. Sigh :-)
*2. Mostly instrumental, moody, like Mercury Program
*3. Japancakes - Dreamy instr. w/ little poignant moments, like 33.3
4. Gentle, innocent female vocals, dancey drum loop.
*5. Remember Sub Oslo? Very beat oriented dark groove. Nice.
*6. Slow moving, atmospheric, minimal, sheer, electronic soundscape
7. Low/GYBE style drone opening; becomes a biting, raucous rock song
8. Poppy, moody 80s dance track. New Order.
*9. Yeti - Swingin' drums, psychy distorted guitars.
10. Quiety, bluesy opening; angry conclusion
*11. Friends of Dean Martinez - angsty post rock w/ a touch of southern twang
*12. Snappy, syncopated drums, vibes, viola, and sax. Moody, groovy.
*13. Dylan Group does a wicked 9 minute jazz rock jam. Euphone/Isotope.