|Various Artists / Seed of the Next Season, the|
|Album:||Seed of the Next Season, the||Collection:||General|
|1.||Sep 14, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude |
|4.||Feb 27, 2003:||Baptism of Solitude |
No Time to Retreat
|2.||Feb 28, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude |
No Time to Retreat
|5.||Feb 13, 2003:||Baptism of Solitude |
|3.||Jul 29, 2004:||Baptism of Solitude |
Fucking great sampler of German heavy music - hardcore, grind, metal.... Some good shit, some great shit, and some weird shit. Yay! Gets measurably better towards the end, but it's all pretty solid.|
1. slow-burn beginning -> full-on metalcore -> mosh part! -> German muttering.
2. short one - stop-start and grindy - "you're not metal! I'm not metal!"
3. recorded in a swamp. HC w/deathmetal vox and punkabilly guitar solos - eh?
4. sample ("bullshit" at 2:07 rem.) -> lumbering -> grind
5. synthpop keys, emo guitar, hardcore gang vox. Ha! Devolves into slow metalcore.
6. Thick deathmetal riffs and stopping on a dime. Nice tempo changes.
7. sweet strumming -> emoey sludge
8. nice speedy HC - very short w/thoroughly buried vocals
9. thick fat riffs. Growls. Spoken words. Odd breakdown. They seem to be aiming for Neurosis-style apocalypticore but damned if I know what they actually came up with.
10. oscillating thunder, torn-throat vox. Oddly tuneless.
11. starts w/the sort of hella-metal rev-up I am an utter sucker for. I can't even tell if I like the song but the intro kicks ass. Clean vox - weird.
12. badly recorded but furious. Funny growling breakdown.
13. furious lurching w/tempo changes aplenty. Slightly cheesy breakdown, fine screams.
14. metaaaaal! Full-on death grunts, yeah.
15. thunderous bass intro -> full-on screaming tumult, yeah!
16. pummeling assault - Isis on 45rpm. Riffs! Riffs! Slow parts! Growling!
17. twinkling creepy guitar, thunder, processed vox.
18. German sample, impending-doom guitar, tumbling swaying riff, dual vox, nice stops and starts.