THE TOWER RECORDINGS "THE FOLKSCENE" THE COMMUNION LABEL
Some strange and wonderful acoustic tracks with tape manipulation and other far out things in between.
A few tracks are straightforward soft ballads, others are better described as musique concrete. Most tracks blend together.
1. (2:13) warbling synth voice over a drone; tribal drums later
*2. (2:39) soft F vocals, plucked guitar; pretty swaying ballad
*3. (0:55) poignant harmonic tensions, guitar, wandering horn
*4. (1:02) cool processed voice crossed with pan flute ala stockhausen "song of the young"
5. (6:52) slow and folky; ends with shakers and raw, tribal-like cries
6. (2:34) circling 3 note melody surrounded by every effect on the board
*7. (5:33) free form song with beautiful meandering acoustic guitar, fiddle, skittery drums, horn
8. (0:18) the twilight zone
*(9-10-11). (3:00) very pretty theremin-like cooing over whisps of ambience; bleeds into:
*(12-13). (1:22) a new motive on guitar, which disintegrates into howls of tortured souls
14. (1:36) an Indian folk song with the tape stretched
*15-16. (1:05) completely abstract fuzz, noise, and eerie bell tones
17. (0:19) march tempo drone with hand drums and electric guitar; bleeds into:
18. (1:16) banjo country tune with ghosts in the background
*19. (0:57) a sweet piccolo medley played back on a warped lP
20. (1:14) knawing buzzing then sensual vocals
*21. (2:34) lo-fi voice/panflute melody over acoustic guitar accomp
22. (0:24) 2 exciting notes