|Artist:||Kronos Quartet; Briseno, Lara, Esquivel||Added:||Apr 2002|
|Add Date:||2002-11-25||Pull Date:||2003-01-27||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||Jan 26||Jan 19||Jan 12||Jan 5||Dec 29||Dec 8||Dec 1|
|1.||May 12, 2006:||The National Congress Of Vaselines
|4.||Nov 16, 2004:||Eclectica
|2.||Feb 07, 2006:||Eclectica: more mustaches?
|5.||Sep 22, 2004:||Baptism of Civility
|3.||Aug 11, 2005:||Eran Mukamel
|6.||Sep 02, 2004:||Baptism of Solitude (extended remix)
1. ahh, this takes me back to Three Caballeros, festive energetic waltz
2. sweet serenade, subdued romantic acoustic strings; ahh, mi amor
3. HAHA.. this is called "mini skirt" you'll see why.. has an upright-bass-I-feel-naughty sound, quick pulse
4. traditional folk song, brisk & jaunty, spanish male vocals
5. big orchestral swells, over-the-top romanticism, sounds like a film score from the 50's
6. dark and muddy, kind of a primitive Stravinsky rite of spring thing
7. post rock!! moody and low key; sultry string sweeps introduce nobukazu-like soft electronic tones and a texture of sampled voices.
8. sounds tango-y. snappy toss-your-hair beat, catchy! sexy violin. also, strangely evocative of dry open plains, b/c of the electric guitar
9. starts with a few dramatic string swells, then an eerie electronic middle section with sampled sounds from Mexico City, PLAY
10. this is hilarious playful string of little folk tunes, Beethoven, kazoo, and whistle. fun.
11. *very quiet* mysterious, ethereal layers of a harp-like instrument
12. sounds like happy chickenscratch w/ that whomp-chuck-chuck beat
13. electric guitar with that theremin-like pedal, evocative of open plains, very reverb and bendy; slow & lovely until -7:43; then freeform sample collage of recordings from Café Tacuba till -3:49; acoustic end.
14. dance mix of track one