|Feldmans, the / Take Ii|
|Label:||Outer a Records|
|Add Date:||2002-09-09||Pull Date:||2002-11-11|
|Week Ending:||17 Nov||3 Nov||6 Oct||29 Sep||22 Sep||15 Sep|
|1.||Dec 05, 2004:||Oh Messy Life |
|4.||Apr 06, 2003:||Oh Messy Life |
|2.||Nov 14, 2004:||Oh Messy Life |
|5.||Apr 01, 2003:||Mr. Sparkle Challenge |
|3.||Feb 15, 2004:||Oh Messy Life |
|6.||Feb 25, 2003:||Mr. Sparkle Challenge |
The Feldmans "Take II" - The Feldmans are a 3-person group from Red Wood City, and the bassist looks oh so much like our very own DJ Leech. Although this is a studio recording, they've got pictures from when they played on WNL. These guys remind me a lot of the Queers and Screeching Weasel type bands. Musically the songs are pretty simple and they have a cute bouncy feel to everything without losing their rough edge. Vocals are nicely sung with good backups and generally silly lyrics. And then of course there is #6 which cracks me up (it sounds like cookie monster singing). The lo-fi recording works really well too. I totally dug this album. I would recommend this to anyone playing poppy or punky stuff.|
My Picks: 2, 3(fcc), 5, 6
Katie P. 8/29/02
1) Uptempo guitars into a nice bouncy pop punk tune. Fun song with catchy lyrics. Cute little guitar solo. Fcc: says "shit."
2) Faster midtempo song with simple guitars and hysterical lyrics! This is great!
3) Nice bass line to kick it off. Cool uptempo beat with nice vocals. Fcc: I think it says "fuck" a few times, but not sure.
4) Midtempo with crunchy guitars and weird psychedelic distortion on guitar and some vocals. Fcc: lots of "fucks" in this one, can't really play this on the radio.
5) Crunchy guitars and bouncy uptempo beat. Great vocals. Wow, even a harmonica solo.
6) Starts with countdown in spanish. Then uptempo crunchy punk and screamy vocals that sound a lot like cookie monster. Ha! This is great! The backup vocals sound like little kids too. Wow, tons-o-screaming near the end, then crazy noise.
7) Starts soft and fades in with guitar. Just guitar and vocals through the first verse, then the rest of the band comes in and picks up the beat a little bit to a solid midtempo.
|1.||Shitz and Giggles||4.||Freelance Gynocologist|
|3.||Shes So Angry||6.||Tatoo Baby|