|Various Artists / Rumba Flamenco|
|Label:||Putumayo World Music|
|Add Date:||2002-11-04||Pull Date:||2003-01-06||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||15 Dec||8 Dec||1 Dec||24 Nov||10 Nov|
|1.||Jan 24, 2019:||Cafe Nakhil |
Una Chica Muy Guapa, Lel
|4.||Dec 13, 2002:||- |
|2.||May 17, 2003:||Spherical Sounds |
|5.||Dec 03, 2002:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||May 17, 2003:||Morning Glory |
|6.||Nov 27, 2002:||press and release |
Hommage Aux Marquises
Nice Flamenco/Latin fusion, some great guitar work, nice vocals, and a good mix of performers from all over the world. Mostly Spanish and Catalonian, but some from France, and the US. Good stuff. |
1. Upbeat & lively w/a definitely Gypsy Kings influence.
*2. Nice male voice, chants, very cool.
3. Contemporary rumba w/an urban sound. Cool vox.
*4. Arabic-themed flamenco for oud. Interesting instrumental.
*5. A more traditional sound from “the King of the Rumba”.
6. Blend of Arabic violin/flamenco guitar/latin percussion./vox.
7. An Israeli-influenced violin/guitar/accordion sound.
*8. Energetic flamenco rumba.
9. Sweet instrumental rumba guitar/perc. Nice.
10. Cool contemporary sound. Weird lyrics…read the notes.
*11. Bouncy instrumental w/great guitar harmonies.
12. Fast guitar work, emotional male vox.
13. Upbeat guitar harmonies, instrumental.